Metallica 'Hardwired... to self-destruct' guitar tones, presets and video!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Hi guys!

The new Metallica record has just been released and I'm LOVING it!
I thought I'd make some good old tonematches for you to celebrate this cool occasion!
Please enjoy the video I made to demonstrate these tones:

The preset links are in the description of the video.
Let's talk METALLICA and lets hear some clips!

Hi guys!

The new Metallica record has just been released and I'm LOVING it!
I thought I'd make some good old tonematches for you to celebrate this cool occasion!
Please enjoy the video I made to demonstrate these tones:

The preset links are in the description of the video.
Let's talk METALLICA and lets hear some clips!

Thanks for sharing these presets with the community, free of charge.

I noticed in a couple of making of videos for the album that they were running an old jmp as well for tones.
Can't wait to try these out!!

So what are your favorite tunes off the album?
I love Dream No More and Am I Savage a lot but I think they are all pretty great....

So far digging most of them. Some I think will grow on me, and there may be one or two I could do without. My Favorite by far right now is Spit out the bone! Great Tune!
I do dig Atlas Rise, and Moth Into Flame, and Hardwired.
It may just be me, but I hear A LOT of Load and Re Load in a lot of these songs.
And RTL, MOP, and AJFA are by far my favorite albums I did actually like the Black album, Load, and Re Load. I just didn't think they were the Metallica I grew up LOVING! BUT, still great songs on those albums, as I feel there are alot of really good songs on this album.
Spit Out The Bone though, That's the shit right there!

So what are your favorite tunes off the album?
I love Dream No More and Am I Savage a lot but I think they are all pretty great....

I really like "Now That We're Dead" especially the riffs at 0:54, 02:20, 3:38, 4:09, 6:03, 6:52. I've always liked the sound of muted chuggs. I like the the harmonics at 4:00 and 6:43. The solo at 4:17 isn't overly drowned out by wah. The section starting at 4:57 has a really cool delay effect. Something about the song keeps my attention, even with my A.D.D. for 7 minutes. :D

I need to listen to the 2nd disc a few more times but so far the whole album is good!

I really like "Now That We're Dead" especially the riffs at 0:54, 02:20, 3:38, 4:09, 6:03, 6:52. I've always liked the sound of muted chuggs. I like the the harmonics at 4:00 and 6:43. The solo at 4:17 isn't overly drowned out by wah. The section starting at 4:57 has a really cool delay effect. Something about the song keeps my attention, even with my A.D.D. for 7 minutes. :D

I need to listen to the 2nd disc a few more times but so far the whole album is good!

Great song indeed!
Confusion has been stuck in my head today.
Love that riff....

Nice work Jon.
I'll give the presets a spin on my day off tomorrow.

I'm seriously loving this album.
I wasn't sure if they would reach this level again but they absolutely nailed this one.
I've been waiting for them to put out something at this kickass again and it's the first album to live up to or exceed expectation for me since the Black Album.

I seriously feel 16 again listening to it and it makes want to knock out some E Standard tuned chugga chugga.

Very, very happy boy over here.

I actually like the dynamic shift on that song being tuned lower.
Would be interested to hear it in E but I like the feel and character of this one as it differentiates compared to the songs either side.

But I'm a Drop D kinda guy anyway, so that fits my feel pretty well.

And I have to say the guitar playing and tones on this album are pretty awesome, but equally as impressive to me is James' vocals.
He is super impressive on this album.

I was only slightly disappointed to notice Dream No More is in D!

Are you kidding me? :)
That song is so heavy!

I actually like the dynamic shift on that song being tuned lower.
Would be interested to hear it in E but I like the feel and character of this one as it differentiates compared to the songs either side.

But I'm a Drop D kinda guy anyway, so that fits my feel pretty well.

And I have to say the guitar playing and tones on this album are pretty awesome, but equally as impressive to me is James' vocals.
He is super impressive on this album.

Totally agree!
James is so awesome on this album.
Also cool to hear the bass so well!

Back
Top Bottom