Metallica GRAMMYs Taylor Swift

On the topic of Robin Finck and Nine Inch Nails, does anyone know if he ditched his Devi Ever Bit: Legend of Fuzz?
I figured the Axe might be able to emulate that with some fuzz/gating and did it to some success on mine but am curious if Finck is still rocking that thing.

On the topic of Robin Finck and Nine Inch Nails, does anyone know if he ditched his Devi Ever Bit: Legend of Fuzz?
I figured the Axe might be able to emulate that with some fuzz/gating and did it to some success on mine but am curious if Finck is still rocking that thing.

What are your settings for that, out of curiosity?

Remember when Metallica were the loudest, hardest, fastest band around? This is how I'd like to remember them, Seattle '89...

As for the Grammy performance – words can not describe it... :disgust: :lol
Oh yeah!!! Great to see you're back Chef! Hadn't seen you post in a while... For me this is when Metallica was 'Metallica'. This is when James had his 'Hetfield Growl' now he just yodels. This is also when they had great melodies and great song structure... on what Kent said, I don't even think he was even alive yet when Metallica was 'Metallica'. I actually have the live Sh*t Binge and Purge on DVD and have been thinking of throwing it on my projector full blast!

Wow, Reb Beach cackling on a morning FM Radio show, just lost any respect for him I may have had. He has the balls after playing in Winger lol, and now a washed up 80's cover band - yeah he knows his stuff ;)

I think Reb is in Whitesnake still?

I would like to see Reb and Kirk swap bands.
Metallica is a great band with a (IMO) less than excellent lead guitar player.
Winger is a cheezy band with a killer guitar plaer.

Side note:
Funny moment at NAMM 2013.
I'm in the ESP room, and one of the reps is talking to a crowd of people. He points up to a beat up black ESP Replica of Kirk's guitar.
He says (proudly) - "we have an exact replica of Kirk Hammet's black guitar, same stickers, same paint chips, blah, blah, blah."
Somebody in the crowd yells out - "does it have a built in Wah?!!"

That made me laugh outloud for some reason.....

That's the washed up 80's coverband I was referring to, except for Coverdale of course.

I saw Whitesnake with Doug Aldridge, Reb Beach, Coverdale and Tommy Aldrich on drums. While no longer the radio darlings of the 80's, they rocked their asses off!!!

That is one smokin' hot talented band!!!

Reb is a guitar players player, just incredible solo after solo, but doesn't mind a wink playing rhythm and letting Doug shine.

And Doug is a monster player too.

Whitesnake is stacked with talent.

LOL at Whitesnake members being washed up.

The point is that Whitesnake is a washed up cover band (other than Coverdale) and Doug and Reb are playing someone else's songs and solos. Reb has no business coming off like he's the cats a$$ when he's not even in an original band.

Whitesnake washed up coverband? Haha
With guys like Tichy, Beach and Aldrich? Yeah right!

Oh, and Beach and Aldrich actually play on some WS records so it is a bit hard for them to cover themselves:)

Hammett is a mystery to me.
I cannot believe a player like that is in the worlds biggest metalband, he must be the luckiest man alive.
What if Metallica had gotten Skolnick or Friedman instead!
Hammett seems like such a nice guy, but I cannot bear that spastic bee in a jar vibrato.
Does he not hear it, or does he not care? I have young guitarstudents who plays those solos better.

I know this "Hatin' on Hammett" thing is getting old, I am just curious about this.
I remember him saying in some Guitar mag that he'd been trying to slow down his vibrato for years.
Think it was around the Black album period.

The point is that Whitesnake is a washed up cover band (other than Coverdale) and Doug and Reb are playing someone else's songs and solos. Reb has no business coming off like he's the cats a$$ when he's not even in an original band.

guitVAI1,someone else also played other peoples songs in said washed up cover band....AHEM...BRRR..AH...

(that kittens got claws baby...look out!)

Last edited:

There are plenty of musicians that I don't like their band, but I greatly respect their playing.
Reb in Winger was a great example.
If you can't admit that he is a monster player.....then none of your points are going to hold any water....you're in denial. :)

I hope you realize my comments are all in good fun dude....I mean no disrespect.

But can anyone really say Kirk as an outstanding player?
If so, yikes....

guitVAI1,someone else also played other peoples songs in said washed up cover band....AHEM...BRRR..AH...

(that kittens got claws baby...look out!)

True that - but he wasn't making himself a target by bashing other fellow guitarists who were having stellar careers playing in original acts. Don't get me wrong, I've always liked Whitesnake but let's face it, their best days were with John Sykes and those days are long gone.

Back
Top Bottom