Metallica Fc12

My guess is that there is a scene where that effect is active, and that’s why it’s lit, and he doesn’t want to accidentally bypass it

If it were me, I’d use it to bypass Kirk’s wah.

I was thinking about this other day, and why the use of Wah is so prevalent. I had the inkling
that using a Wah just helps a solo cut better through such a dense mix.

That said, I would toss him the challenge of doing an entire new album without using any Wah. Ever! :)

I love wah too much to give Kirk shit for using it so much. Vai and 90’s Petrucci used a fair amount of it and since I idolized those guys growing up, it became part of my thing. I kind of think of it as the same way I do the whammy bar; it’s just another way to get a bit more expression out of a lead or section.

In a lot of choruses I record, I’ll layer the shit out of the guitars. If it’s just some basic chord changes, I’ll find some melody to play with octaves or even a single note thing and use a wah really slowly to follow the dynamics of the chorus. It’s not even really doing the “wah” thing, just acting as a slow filter.

My guess is still a Mute.

Probably triggers a 110v charge to Lars's drum throne to shock him in his butt when he gets off time. My other guess, maybe main rhythm preset, easy to find coming out of cleans/effects/leads. X marks the spot.

Back
Top Bottom