METALLICA Chooses Fractal Audio Axe-Fx IIs for Silent Antarctica Concert

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
It's official: Metallica chooses Fractal Audio Systems Axe-Fx II for silent concert in Antarctica.

Here's a post by Chad (James Hetfield's tech) on our FB page, commenting on us being sold out of Axe-Fx IIs.
James, Kirk, and Robert will be playing through the Axe-Fx II.

metallica1.png

Why do you say this, sounds like he is mostly interested in mimicing Petrucci's sound and says he plays a Music Man with bare knuckles?

Ain't it obvious? IIC+ is THE Metallica tone. Anyway, don't want to wander off the topic here so I'll delete my previous comment.

Back in 2008 I thought I was a fairly late adopter. Lots of guys were already raving online about FAS, but no rock superstars had caught on yet. Absolutely no one in my town had ever heard of it. After messing with my Ultra those first few days I just knew this tech was destined to take over the guitar world.

Only problem is now it's too mainstream. I'll need to find something different to keep feeling unique :)

Awesome! Metallica are pretty much the reason I play guitar. I know a while back they were using G major 2s but it seems TC themselves have abandoned the unit. Glad Metallica is on board the FAS train! :lol:lol

Back
Top Bottom