AFIII Metallica - "Blackened" cover

kostein

Inspired
Another Metallica cover from my favorite record of theirs ...And Justice For All. It's the classic Metallica album opener with the mellow/melodic intro before unleashing into the thrash anthem that it is.
🎸

I used one of my ENGL Savage presets for the main guitar tone. The more I use the Savage the more I'm falling in love with it. It's pretty gnarly and it's perfect for aggro riffwork. I'm planning to use it on my next couple of projects, looking forward to it. For the lead guitars I used one of my Recto presets, which it's becoming my go to when it comes to lead tones. For the bass I used my metal bass preset with some slight modifications. The drums were done with Superior Drummer 3, using a kit from the Metal Machinery SDX.

I had a lot of fun making this and it probably shows as there are quite a few shenanigans and an unexpected "mis-hap"
😁

Feedback is always much appreciated! Hope you enjoy!
🤘

Another Metallica cover from my favorite record of theirs ...And Justice For All. It's the classic Metallica album opener with the mellow/melodic intro before unleashing into the thrash anthem that it is.
🎸

I used one of my ENGL Savage presets for the main guitar tone. The more I use the Savage the more I'm falling in love with it. It's pretty gnarly and it's perfect for aggro riffwork. I'm planning to use it on my next couple of projects, looking forward to it. For the lead guitars I used one of my Recto presets, which it's becoming my go to when it comes to lead tones. For the bass I used my metal bass preset with some slight modifications. The drums were done with Superior Drummer 3, using a kit from the Metal Machinery SDX.

I had a lot of fun making this and it probably shows as there are quite a few shenanigans and an unexpected "mis-hap"
😁

🤘

Rock & Roll Great Job
Love the Cat making an appearance :):cool:

Sonds good and nice playing. Cygnus? Also why not use the Mark IIC++ for that Mesa bark?
This is with FW14, still haven't updated since I'm in the middle of recording an album. I never thought of using the IIC++ as I was having too much fun playing with the Savage. It will pop up in future projects for sure.

Thanks for the feedback guys, it's good to know if I'm on the right track or not 🤘

🎸

😁

🤘

Did you use just strictly axe fx 3 ? what firmware? sounds good though.

Did you use just strictly axe fx 3 ? what firmware? sounds good though.
Yeah I used FW14, the latest version of it.
tone sounds good
i guess it's too late but you could have used the original drums/bass/vocals

Yes that's always an option but when I'm doing a cover I like putting my own stamp on it, programming drums, recording bass/guitars, mixing etc. It's a lot more rewarding to me than just recording guitars on a readily available track.
Thanks bro, nice to see you still plugging away!
Yep, I don't plan on stopping anytime soon 💪

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming! 🤘

Back
Top Bottom