Metallica backstage part 2!

Hardwired, Spit Out the Bone, Moth Into Flame, and Dream No More are my favorite tracks. And the Ronnie Rising Medley is awesome too. Would love to see the guys at least do Stargazer and Kill the King live. (Would love to see them do Diamond Head's The Prince live too.)

I still can't get over how good the new record is.
What are your favorite tracks guys?

I'm personally of the opinion that after the shit Metallica pulled with Napster, them pretending not to be a metal band any more with Load/Reload, the shit with Jason, that the four of them had an unfortunate accident somewhere after the Black Album tour ended and management has continued the band by employing a tribute band in its place. ;)

That's the only way I can still enjoy listening to their old material. Just like there is no Star Wars prequel trilogy. Or like how there is only one Matrix movie.

When I first heard Moth into ... I was hooked on the new metallica album. It is still one of my favorites.

Definitely a great track, also a great live track.
Love the combination of the hard riffs and melodies!

Hardwired, Spit Out the Bone, Moth Into Flame, and Dream No More are my favorite tracks. And the Ronnie Rising Medley is awesome too. Would love to see the guys at least do Stargazer and Kill the King live. (Would love to see them do Diamond Head's The Prince live too.)

Man, I'd love to see the Mercyful Fate track live...
The crazy thing with the 'by request' tour was that they could have played anything at all, but the fans mostly chose the classics.
Nothing wrong with the classics but that was a good opportunity for rare songs.
At least one or 2 countries got to see Frayed Ends and St. Anger.
Would have loved to see both.

I'm personally of the opinion that after the shit Metallica pulled with Napster, them pretending not to be a metal band any more with Load/Reload, the shit with Jason, that the four of them had an unfortunate accident somewhere after the Black Album tour ended and management has continued the band by employing a tribute band in its place. ;)

That's the only way I can still enjoy listening to their old material. Just like there is no Star Wars prequel trilogy. Or like how there is only one Matrix movie.

I couldn't disagree more...
The Matrix 2 and 3 are awesome btw.

Entire first disc and final track are great.

Spit out the boonnnneeeeee!

it's posts like this which keep the artists from participating in forums. people say things with no reserve, as if the band is some untouchable being, when it's really just people like you and me.

You mean the shit they pulled where they didn't want the unmastered tapes being spread around the internet or released before the album dropped? The nerve of an artist to want to maintain control over their music. And Load is one of my favorite albums by them. Outlaw Torn and Bleeding Me are two of the best songs they ever wrote. I got to meet them when Garage Inc. came out and my buddy told James how much he enjoyed the lyrics on Load and how much they meant to him. James was genuinely touched and said no one ever says things like that. This was after they sat for over 3 hours signing autographs and shaking hands. They do more for their fans than most bands ever have.

IMG_0393.JPG IMG_0325.JPG Hi Jon, thanks for sharing your Metallica story, awesome. I went to see Metallica in London at the House of Vans for the launch of the Hardwired album (and Kirk's birthday) in November, from the photos attached, it looks like James was using Mesa Boogie Cabs and Kirk was Using Randall cabs. l hope your recent meetings with Metallica's guitar tech's might inspire you to revisit the Metallica tonematch/preset extravaganza Quantum edition Vol.4 thread someday, as your Kill Em All tonematches on Quantum sound amazing, it would be really great to see even just one or two tracks / tonematches from the Black album on Quantum- as you completely nailed Metallica's tone in your previous "Metallica preset extravaganza" threads

Last edited:
View attachment 37990 View attachment 37989 Hi Jon, thanks for sharing your Metallica story, awesome. I went to see Metallica in London at the House of Vans for the launch of the Hardwired album (and Kirk's birthday) in November, from the photos attached, it looks like James was using Mesa Boogie Cabs and Kirk was Using Randall cabs. l hope your recent meetings with Metallica's guitar tech's might inspire you to revisit the Metallica tonematch/preset extravaganza Quantum edition Vol.4 thread someday, as your Kill Em All tonematches on Quantum sound amazing, it would be really great to see even just one or two tracks / tonematches from the Black album on Quantum- as you completely nailed Metallica's tone in your previous "Metallica preset extravaganza" threads

You were there??
Man, now THAT is killer!

You were there??
Man, now THAT is killer!
Yes Jon, it was the best gig I was ever at...by the way, that song that you wrote which you use for the intro of all your sonic drive studio videos is an amazing tune- I'm surprised a record company hasn't approached you about releasing it...you are a really good songwriter

Just watched the performance with Lady Gaga.
I couldn't find a source with good sound but I thought they picked the right song.
The band sounded good but it was stupid that James' mic didn't work at the beginning of the song.
You'd expect more from an award show like the Grammy's.
I imagine that doing TV and award shows can be a bit of a pain in general though.
By the way, great catch at the end there @Zaemo !

Just watched the performance with Lady Gaga.
I couldn't find a source with good sound but I thought they picked the right song.
The band sounded good but it was stupid that James' mic didn't work at the beginning of the song.
You'd expect more from an award show like the Grammy's.
I imagine that doing TV and award shows can be a bit of a pain in general though.
By the way, great catch at the end there @Zaemo !

I saw that, it was a great show the guys put on with Lady Gaga, and a real shame about James's mic not working.

I was wondering if @Zaemo was expecting the guitar to come flying through the air at the end, or if it was one of those last minute decisions. :D Either way, it looked pretty cool especially cos it wasn't dropped!

I watched some of the gaga performance and I was uttterly disappointed.
My head was in my hands and I love Metallica (I used to go to sleep with their vhs tapes running all the time) and I actually think gaga is a modern legend in the making.

I thought they sounded bad and out of time from the video I saw.

Not to mention the mic mess up.

I think I would have loved to have heard them play a cover, Metallica do the best covers.

Back
Top Bottom