Metallica Amp

Did anyone spot the Axe Fx in Metallicas rig on the recent episode of 'Billions' where Damien Lewis meets the band!

What do you base this on?

My ability to read. :p

Seriously though, I'm actually not 100% convinced it is the old IIc+ model. Not until Cliff confirms it. "Quantumfied" or not, it sounds too different than what I remember it sounding like (and I used it a lot).

Then again, my memory isn't what it used t................................................I'm sorry, what was I saying?

My ability to read. :p

Seriously though, I'm actually not 100% convinced it is the old IIc+ model. Not until Cliff confirms it. "Quantumfied" or not, it sounds too different than what I remember it sounding like (and I used it a lot).

Then again, my memory isn't what it used t................................................I'm sorry, what was I saying?
maybe someone with two ii can load the old FW and try it

I decided to try this amp today. I have no interest in getting the Metallica tone (well at least not today lol) I threw in the USA Traditional Cab from ML that is a factory cab and with in moments had some usable tones with 0 adjusting of anything other than BMT and the 2 drive knobs. There is indeed magic with this amp because historically I can never get a tone I was happy with from a Mark series amp.

I like it.

I'm still trying to figure out what cabs go well with it, as well as experimenting with different tone settings.

If it's an old amp that was ported over, or a completely new amp -- I don't give two shits about.

I'm just extremely happy that they're still contiuning to add new functionality to the Axe

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom