Metalcore for the masses Ft. Your's truly on guest harmonies.

MaxTaylorGrant

Inspired
Recently I've been producing a few bands in the metalcore and hardcore scene here in Glasgow, and this is my latest work with the band, Insights.

Kinda goes without saying that my Axe Fx II was used exclusively for guitar and bass tones, however it also saw use as an insert effect on vocals as well this time round! This is definitely something I'll be looking into much more.

Rhythm guitars are all Diezel VH4 Ch3 sim and leads are a Boogie Mk IV. Cleans are Bulbs clean patch and Bass is a blend of Nolly's smacky bass patch and a custom blend of my own design.

Interestingly, both guitarists brought their own heads to the session, a 6505+ and a Valveking. After a few comparisons the unanimous decision was that the Axe sounded miles better and that I was a horrible person for making everyone want one :lol

Check it out, any and all feedback is welcomed and encouraged, as usual!

Cheers,

Max.

PS. If this pushes your buttons, be sure to go check Insights out and download the track from Insights. It's free!

The mix is great, everything sounds at the right level to me anyway. The bands needs to be somewhat tighter you must have recorded it just as it came without much timewise editing later. Are they doing gigs further afield yet ?

The mix is great, everything sounds at the right level to me anyway. The bands needs to be somewhat tighter you must have recorded it just as it came without much timewise editing later. Are they doing gigs further afield yet ?

They've gigged up and down Scotland but that's no major trek by any means. Thanks for the compliment! I was asked by the drummer to not edit too much time wise, so I stuck to what was there for the most part. They didn't seem very experienced studio wise, but they've asked me to produce a full EP for them so when that comes I'll be more strict in regards to timing!

Cheers!

however it also saw use as an insert effect on vocals as well this time round! This is definitely something I'll be looking into much more.

Is there a patch that will make me sound like the singer from Between The Buried And Me ? clean and scream modes ? :lol

Is there a patch that will make me sound like the singer from Between The Buried And Me ? clean and scream modes ? :lol

I wish! Haha

I used it for a tiny bit of tape drive and some decent compression. More as an experiment than anything else but it turned out to be quite nice regardless!

In hindsight I'm not too sure about the screams, but I think it's a case of vocal technique as opposed to recording technique.

Back
Top Bottom