metal song IIc+...

vondano

Inspired
www.myspace.com/ellipticmind

listen to powertrip,

I need help again with the general mix and guitar sound...

the rythm sound is a bit thin yet it has plenty of mids and bass.. not sure what to do...maybe i should try a different sim

i think the usb interface I use for recording the axe-fx is crappy...(edirol 100$ thing)

I play the axe-fx in my head-phone and the sound is big...

anyway, take a listen

any advices are welcomed!

thanx!

nico

Hey it sounds massive! I really like it!
Did you dual track de guitars or it is one take with a stereo enhencer ?

P.S. je suis de montreal...tu parles francais?
Nic

thanx a lot, yeah i double tracked the guitar, I may try to quad track But i never realy had any succes with 4 track...

i may need to play a bit with some advance feature in the amp block to get the right feel...or to try to quad track with 2 different amp sim...

nico

p.s. oui je suis de québec ;) on risque d'aller jouer à mtl avec Liva dans le courant de l'année...

Cool...
Guitar tracking is very good and very tight for a dual track.
Laisse moi savoir quand vous jouer à Mtl, je suis intéressé

A+

The general mix has alot of mids and it lacks warmth.
It does have alot of punch, but it lacks clearance/freshness and room, for every single thing you hear.

I think you have to let it all sound a bit smaller, so the female voice doesnt get caged in all the guitars you hear.

The piano's and things like m, also have these problems..

Mid balancing is the problem here I think

hum... interesting points,

I do have problems when it comes to mids... i tend to go with "more than less" because I felt like removing mids tends to make thing sound unnatural,

but you may very well be right,

I may need to remove mids from somethings, but then things get a bit bassy or harsh if I don't do that very carefully...

maybe a multi-band compressor on a couple things to control the mids could help...

thanx a lot for your help anyway,

it's always welcome,

I'm far from being a professional, just an enthusiast i'd say!

nico

Maybe first get it rocking with bass drums and guitars and vocals

And after that try adding all the rest

The more instruments the harder it is to get it sound balanced.

the mix tends to sound overcrowded this way

yeah this song has a lot of tracks going on...

keys, violin, vocs, drums, bass, guitars, solos, fx,

I just removed a bit of mid bass on the overall mix with sound forge and it seems to help clear things out a bit... i'm uploading the new version right now...

this is a 6 minutes song, this part is only the first half...the other half also has a lot of things going on too... quite a challenge to mix (for me)

thanx for your help,

nico

Back
Top Bottom