Metal - PVH 6160 TEST

On the contrary, I actually haven't done THAT much. Just cut some mud and sucked out some harsh crap in the 2-5k area. In my daw the only thing applied was Slate VCC. Oh and its quad tracked. Thanks for the comment dude.

When I get home ill grab the patch. Hopefully I remember to. It's tailored pretty specific to my guitar though. As far as the eq and what not. Also I have a custom set of strings with a super thick (.60) low string. So I'm practically using thin bass strings for a drop D tuning. Unsure how it would sound for anyone else but I guess we will see. Someone remind me tonight to upload

I have no idea how you would even manage tone match this as there is literally no part where guitars are alone. Buuuuuut if somehow you do, feel free lol

I would encourage people to come up with their own tones though. Tone matching to me is fun and useful in the respect of getting a quick useable tone but in most cases they won't exactly gel with your own mix.

That being said, I could probably just upload a track of guitar only if people would like to experiment with this tone. Or make an IR out of it and blend it with their own. I would recommend the latter.

When you record 4 guitars instead of the slightly more traditional 2. Pan 2 of them hard left and hard right, then pan the other two anywhere from like 60-80% right and left. I find by doing it that way it fills out the soundstage a little better but also if tracked tightly, can give the guitars a more smooth distorted sound. More saturated and less "sticky". If that makes any sense.

On the contrary, I actually haven't done THAT much. Just cut some mud and sucked out some harsh crap in the 2-5k area. In my daw the only thing applied was Slate VCC. Oh and its quad tracked. Thanks for the comment dude.

That's awesome man. Sounds really good then if thats all you did!

Back
Top Bottom