Metal Patches for use with a QSC K12

npdcoremetal

Inspired
Im looking to see if other metal guys that went frfr,qsc k 12 to be exact,but all are welcome. Just trying to see what others are doing. My recording patches are way diff than frfr so just wondering

thanks
Nate

Here's my main tone with the Ultra.

https://files.me.com/bkrumme/u0kbow

Cab is Redwirez mix of 50% KrankLegends-R121-CapEdge-2in and 50% UberKab-T75-SM57-CapEdge-2in. If you're using only one K12, remove the Vol/Pan and Delay blocks at the end of the signal chain and just use shunts to the end, otherwise you'll have phase issues.

thanks man i gota a crap ton of patches ive tried moved through always get compliments on my tone but im so freakin anal about it as of now its just easier to plug a ns 2 in a mxr distortion to engl to mesa so much easier lol too much tones lol thanks agian

yeah i got yours alrenadine it looks sick sounded sick im just trying to see what im doin different than others i have full pro tools hd but my recording patches sound diff than live because i have to tweak them cause i get tooo much fizz and highs

bkrumme do you think it would be wise to just go ahead and get the second k12 instead of a vht poweramp or even a k10 for some substance i guess lol

It depends on what you're going for. Most metal players will want a power amp and real cab, otherwise the tone doesn't feel the same in the room. The K12s just don't move air like a 4x12 cabinet does. I love having 2 K12s as I play a lot of metal, but play other genres as well and need the versatility of FRFR. 2 K12s keep up with my other guitarist who plays a real Dual Rectifier with an oversized Mesa 4x12.

well bk i do alot of recording and also understand what i hear isnt what foh hears also alot of bands ive toured with and have been talkin to go all striaght to foh board but run a power amp and cab so im kinda stuck i dint like my marshall 9100 with a mesa v30 cab didnt like rocktron velocity 300 but it sounded killer through my engl return

I run straight to FOH and use my K12's as monitors in a live setting. No power amp or cab. The only other way I've tried my Ultra is through a Mesa Stereo 2:90 into a Rectifier cabinet. It sounded great, but I still prefer FRFR.

cool man im only lookin to use qsc as monitors and for practice i havent got to jam with a full band yet but is one loud enough or no

hey thank you all so much for you help and quick responses and not trashing me about something very much appreciate it ill remeber the favor if the need ever arrives had this thing almost 2 dang years and still workin with it i record pro recordings and bands i always make the bands sound good with awsome axe fx tone but i always hate my own i guess thats how it goes eh

You should check out that Rust in Piece preset someone posted (I found it on that web page thats in a thread somehwere on page 4). That's the best preset I've found yet.

Of course, I've only had the Axe-Fx for a week. ;)

Ok i had time to try out these patches all but rust in peice they are all exactly what im doing and haveing problems with is the highs are excruciating. i thought it was my power amps or me but either i take away too much or not enough direct into pro tools its sounds great so im wondering if i should put sum kinda preamp in between the axe fx and frfr or between pa and cab does this sound dumb

No preamp between the Axe and K12. Run straight into it using XLR cable. You could use a mixer between, but there's no reason to.

Make sure the K12 settings are set to Norm (LF switch) and Flat (HF switch) on the back. Set the K12 gain to 0 (center/straight up). Use the output knob on the Axe-Fx to control volume then. I don't get excruciating highs with my patches.

I got mine set that way well when i tweak my patches im fine but someone here sent me a k12 patchs and i think my ears started to bleed lol

Played my first show with k12 and running FOH it sounded sick i want a second one now we played with veil of maya reaping asmadiea and the contorsionist who all had axe fx ultra was pretty sick though if anyone has anymore patches they would like to share that would be awsome

Limiting on metal patches / high gain

Hi guys - I use one k12 for rehearsal straight out of my axe fx. I find its not loud enough. I just use one of the K12 inputs - set the level to about 12, and control the overall level with the axe fx and I can't wind it up enough because the "guard rail" limiter kicks in. 3 piece band - Metal patches - limiter kicks in sometimes when ringing chords and ALL of the time when it gets really low end eg. palm muting etc. Is there anything I can check? or am I just going too loud?

Turn the K12 up higher and the Axe-Fx down lower. Let the amps in the speaker do their job...

If one K12 isn't loud enough, there's a problem...those things are LOUD.

Back
Top Bottom