Metal Mix with Energyball

Fenris

Inspired
Well I made this new thing because I was bored. The point it that I'm trying to improve my home records, so, this sounds good or not? I need that you say anything bad that you can hear :)

I think that nobody could need the preset, because it's the energyball preset from V9 but with less gain and with 2 cabs that I found here (a Mesa Boogie with Sm57 and the Metalcore cabs from another post).

Thanks!

Overall, great sound man. Only criticism I would make is that the bass is a little fuzzy and the clip is too short. I wanted to hear more :)

Ey, thanks! I made the bass with Trilogy VST (I don't have a bass...), so I will work on it! :)

The guitars sound great. clear yet thick.

The bass sounds pretty bad though. It sounds thin, and has a lot of honk when you pluck the notes. Personally, I'd cut mids and add lows to the bass line.

Yep, the bass sucks.. Trilogy VST sucks. I'm recording a clean guitar and putting 1 octave down in my new recordings. It's better than a vst.. but thanks for the comments, everything helps!

I sort of liked the bass honk. It cuts through in a gritty sort of way. I do think that the guitars should be high passed, maybe around 110-130Hz at a gentle 6-12dB/oct and let the bass handle most, if not all of the bottom.

Really cool tone and riffage too!!! I want more!!!

Back
Top Bottom