Metal Lords

I aso liked it a lot, despite some stereotypes, it is very funny and its 90 mins run fast.

A slightly differing opinion?
Possibly one of the worst films I have seen!!!!! :rolleyes:

There is no accounting for taste.
Easy... That movie would never be nominated to any movie award... but from the other side - I am 1976, being metal since remember (first metal band I have seen was 220 Volts concert in polish communist TV in early eighties), so at least the background was researched well... Felt little bit old knowing all songs and bands mentioned in the movie, but I have also seen reflection of my early years there - I have started to play guitar in 1990 and I have been partially Hunter and met Hunters at those days... I did not mean that completely negative as there were guys with passion that drives the others - I was also kind of those. Some people quit playing, but there were few guys that are great musicians, producers or sound engineers now. I have been in few bands those days and that movie brings some universal metal values affected/poisoned/adapted to actual times (sometimes I realise that I getting old).

Even if the movie is not highest artistic value, for me it was a very fun time to watch it.

Easy... That movie would never be nominated to any movie award... but from the other side - I am 1976, being metal since remember (first metal band I have seen was 220 Volts concert in polish communist TV in early eighties), so at least the background was researched well... Felt little bit old knowing all songs and bands mentioned in the movie, but I have also seen reflection of my early years there - I have started to play guitar in 1990 and I have been partially Hunter and met Hunters at those days... I did not mean that completely negative as there were guys with passion that drives the others - I was also kind of those. Some people quit playing, but there were few guys that are great musicians, producers or sound engineers now. I have been in few bands those days and that movie brings some universal metal values affected/poisoned/adapted to actual times (sometimes I realise that I getting old).

Even if the movie is not highest artistic value, for me it was a very fun time to watch it.

In the 1970's my Grandfather's CB handle was "Wallygator."

Guess we didn't watch enough cartoons. :)

Pretty sure in his case it was more about his first name being Wallace----who friends called "Wally" for short.
Probably, but in my case it evolved for Aleksander - Olek (short form in Polish) - Olo and after HB cartoon "See you later, Wallygator" mostly shortened to Wally. Double R at the end makes it unique as there is many Wallygators in the internet.

Back
Top Bottom