Metal/Hardcore tunes on my Axe FX II

Hello all,

Just thought I would share some tunes some pals and I recently made. It's not perfect by any means and could use a bit more tweaking, but it is a "demo" so it got the green light and made its way out to the internet. Anyways, all guitars and bass tracks were through the axe. Props to Adam Bentley who is posting some killer videos on his youtube channel that definitely gave me a different outlook on this style mix.

I will need to go back and look back at my presets and signal chain for all of this, but guitars were tracked with a Les Paul loaded with EMGs (81/85). I believe I used a 5153 Red and possibly the RECTO1 (dual rec modern model) with a combination of cabs from the Bulb zilla pack. (Sorry for the vague description, but ill get the exact info and update later).

Bass was tracked with an LTD B-204SM, I believe, through the SV Bass patch and the SV Bass 810.

Drums are SSD 4.0

Anyways, to the music, and if anyone is interested in any of the patches, more info on the gear, I can get it, I am just drawing a blank right now and am not near my Axe at the moment.

Thanks!

Like the track a lot, heavy and filthy!

A little feedback on the tones: It feels like the guitars are a bit lacking in the low end (hipassed too agressively in post maybe?), and they don't quite "gel" with the bass to create the "massive wall of concrete death". It could be as simple as just relaxing the hipass on the guitars and maybe route the gtrs and bass to a bus, and compress them together or throw some light tape/console saturation on the bus. The bass seems to have a bit too much sub-lows to my ears, maybe do some mb compression on just the lows to rein them in or just hipass it a little bit.

Oops, I went from tone feedback to mixing feedback haha :)

Cheers anyway, awesome stuff!

Like the track a lot, heavy and filthy!

A little feedback on the tones: It feels like the guitars are a bit lacking in the low end (hipassed too agressively in post maybe?), and they don't quite "gel" with the bass to create the "massive wall of concrete death". It could be as simple as just relaxing the hipass on the guitars and maybe route the gtrs and bass to a bus, and compress them together or throw some light tape/console saturation on the bus. The bass seems to have a bit too much sub-lows to my ears, maybe do some mb compression on just the lows to rein them in or just hipass it a little bit.

Oops, I went from tone feedback to mixing feedback haha :)

Cheers anyway, awesome stuff!

Hey any feedback is good feedback and I absolutely agree with you in what you're hearing. I share a similar opinion on the tone where it works, but it's just missing a little something. Your description of the bass couldn't have been more spot on. I'll hopefully have some time to revisit in the future and remix this stuff. Thanks for taking to time to share your thoughts on it!

Back
Top Bottom