Metal/Djent Tone Advice? - Part 2

I took some of your advice from last time (Thanks a ton by the way!), and also bought Cab Pack 7 and Cab Lab. I think I'm a lot closer to a good tone than I was before!

What do you think? Anyone have more tips for me? Is the new tone at least an improvement from the old tone?

(Drums still need mixing)

Drive: T808 OD
PEQ: (to cut lows and highs, and alter mids)
Amp: FAS Modern
Cab: Cab Pack 7 Cab Lab mix

NEW TONE:

OLD TONE:

Last edited:
Getting closer man! You're gonna wanna tighten up the low end though, and that will be either a HPF, a scoop in the low mids, or both. I'd start with the former though from the sounds of the tone. Try 60Hz - 100Hz. Somewhere in that general range.

Definitely an improvement! For djent I usually add a low cut BEFORE the amp block. Gives more of that "clank" and then if you want more "honk" boost the middle in the drive block.

Sounds good already though so don't do drastic changes.

Definitely an improvement! For djent I usually add a low cut BEFORE the amp block. Gives more of that "clank" and then if you want more "honk" boost the middle in the drive block.

you mean like the 700hz lowcut in the 808 drive?

or another low cut from one of the eq???

i am not sure i see an added benefit to adding another pre-eq to low cut since this is kind of the drive pedal role, no?

care to explain pls?

Getting closer man! You're gonna wanna tighten up the low end though, and that will be either a HPF, a scoop in the low mids, or both. I'd start with the former though from the sounds of the tone. Try 60Hz - 100Hz. Somewhere in that general range.

Thank man! I appreciate the feedback!

I believe I do have a cut around 50Hz in this clip via the PEQ placed before the amp block, so I'll experiment with moving that around for sure!

Thanks! I love your work on Cab Pack 7! I do have a PEQ placed before the amp with a low cut around 50Hz, so I'll definitely be playing around with that!

Thanks! I love your work on Cab Pack 7! I do have a PEQ placed before the amp with a low cut around 50Hz, so I'll definitely be playing around with that!

You can raise that low cut a lot. Although djent has low tunings the sound isn't usually bass heavy. I test that low cut by "purring". I might even raise it above 100hz...

I took some of your advice from last time (Thanks a ton by the way!), and also bought Cab Pack 7 and Cab Lab. I think I'm a lot closer to a good tone than I was before!

What do you think? Anyone have more tips for me? Is the new tone at least an improvement from the old tone?

(Drums still need mixing)

Drive: T808 OD
PEQ: (to cut lows and highs, and alter mids)
Amp: FAS Modern
Cab: Cab Pack 7 Cab Lab mix

NEW TONE:

OLD TONE:

sounds great

Back
Top Bottom