AFIII Metal DEATHMATCH - Fractal vs. Neural

It was a joke, man. If that's the thickness of your skin, just wait until you start uploading your content onto social media.

Oh, I thought jokes were supposed to be funny. If I get snarked, I'll snark back, the girth of my skin and social media acumen notwithstanding.

I know it, preset or didn't happen 🙏

Hah, it's so simple man:

2020-10-07_16-06-59.png

No tweaks beyond this to the preset. The IR is from the Ownhammer Mesa Recto pack Standard Series: OH 412 RECT V70A.

Like I mentioned earlier there is a touch of EQ to sit it in the mix (a couple of 1-2db cuts) a bit of compression to accentuate the attack and a touch of stereo widening. That's it!

I think they both sounded good but I did think I liked 1 better (before I knew it was the Axe) - that style of music is aggressive and cool to me and pretty different than what I normally listen to. I enjoyed the playing a lot.

admins should not be seen or heard, and if you can't manage that maybe... just maybe... you shouldn't snipe at people using your company's very expensive products. Especially if you endorse them, along with half a dozen other top notch companies. Or do you not actually work for Fractal?

Both clips sound great. I could tell them apart on my S10 phone speakers but it's more a matter of personal preference.. I'd take Neural just because you get 97.5% of the Axe tone for 2.5% the cost, and the ITB workflow can't be beat
let me know where you're getting the Neural for 70 bucks, be. a great backup rig.

I think they both sounded good but I did think I liked 1 better (before I knew it was the Axe) - that style of music is aggressive and cool to me and pretty different than what I normally listen to. I enjoyed the playing a lot.

Thanks for listening!

let me know where you're getting the Neural for 70 bucks, be. a great backup rig.

They have sales with hefty discounts pretty regularly; probably one coming up for Black Friday I'd imagine

Loved the clips @Sacha. Both sounded so killer that I'm pleased with both.

PS - I've always loved your playing, writing style & Divinity ;)

Thanks man I really appreciate it!

A little late to the party but I like tone 1 more. It's got a tad more sizzle to it and just pops in the mix a bit more. Honestly, I think it would come down to personal preference as they're pretty damn close but 1 just has a little more zazz to it.

And as a big prog metal fan, loving the riffs and tones. Sounds killer.

A little late to the party but I like tone 1 more. It's got a tad more sizzle to it and just pops in the mix a bit more. Honestly, I think it would come down to personal preference as they're pretty damn close but 1 just has a little more zazz to it.

And as a big prog metal fan, loving the riffs and tones. Sounds killer.

Thank you bro!

Fortin Cali was $58.50 just the other day

how do you think he got all his endorsements, exactly?

I have no clue who the guy is. I don't know if those endorsements listed are things he endorses or companies endorsing him. Anyone can say "I endorse Fractal Audio", doesn't mean they're affiliated with Fractal.

Fortin Cali was $58.50 just the other day

how do you think he got all his endorsements, exactly?
I'm pretty sure the person was referring the Neural Quad Cortex, that's why I said that. Could have been mistaken.

Well aware of how inexpensive plugins are (even though I've demo'd their stuff and didn't like it very much)

Does the Archon sound like the Nameless? How did you get them so close in tone?

This is the Nolly on the Neural side; many high gain amps sound pretty similar going in to the same IR. This probably makes sense when the circuits are all just tweaked versions of the same thing (SLO).

Back
Top Bottom