Wish Message to Fractal about AX8 lag in switching

marcusio

Hello there, i'm a new AX8 user, while still using mainly a Kemper.
I have to say that i'm liking the Ax 8 very much and i wanna start using it as much as the Kemper specially when i have portability problems.
The only complaint is about that damn lag when switching presets or even scenes with different amps in x/y slots.
I really don't understand why. Switching on Kemper is just perfect even when you switch to a very complex preset. No problem at all about that.
I don't think Kemper's hardware is more powerful than Ax8, so i guess it's just something related to software managing. But i'm not completely sure about this. In any case i think this is something very important for people using Ax 8 live.
To bypass the problem i'm obligated to use Scenes method without using different amps in x/y slots. This way is lag free but it limits all the great possibilities of Ax8 in my opinion.
I already read about this issue in the forum, so i know this is a well known thing, but i see that this problem isn't solved so far, although many users complaints.
So i'm asking this directly to Fractal people, hoping they would answer: Is there any chance that we will see this problem fixed in the future?

I suppose you have the latest firmware (Quantum 10.01) installed in your AX8, right?

Exactly. And i also turned the press and hold option off in the Global menu. So that makes it switch on the down press instead of on release of the button. But in any case there's always a lag when switching...

Back
Top Bottom