Message Timeout when saving presets...

Mincer

Inspired
This occurs when ONLY saving presets, all at once. If I do each bank, I don't get the message on any of the banks. If I do each single preset, it works as well (man, that took a long time). I get a 'Message Timeout' when reaching 100% when all banks are saved. User settings are saved just fine. User cabs get a message timeout. I am inclined to believe it is one of the user cabs causing this, but since I can save each preset (and each bank of user presets) just fine, I can't tell which user cab it is that is causing it. What else can I try?

FractalBot times out on my system everytime I run a full backup. The only way out is doing preset backups bank by bank. Problems started with Q9 iirc.

I don't know if it is a host computer problem. AFAIK, it seems like it has something to do with user cabs that do something weird. So it prevents the cabs themselves from being backed up, and at least the mass group of presets. Since I am not the only one this happens to (I found some other threads), it seems like a bug in the backup process. The solution might be to delete the offending user cabs, but I don't know which one, and one at a time would be a, um, fun process to undertake.

BTW, the new Fractal Bot does the same thing. I am going to have to go through every preset and delete each one with a user cab until I can figure out which one is causing the problem.

Right, it is possible to find the problem user cab this way (hopefully not more than one), but man, if it can't be backed up properly, it should have an error when importing it.

Back
Top Bottom