Message In A Bottle HARMONY?

Matt: Question. Your preset is based apparently on Custom scale harmonies. In your earlier post, you specified Intelligent harmonies. Care to clarify and tell us which you ended up using and if Custom scales, which ones. Obviously, Global custom scales don't get exported with the preset.

Cheers,
Patrick

Check the video I mentioned earlier where Andy teaches the harmony part to John Mayer. Maybe he's playing it different now than on the recorded version, but this is where I got the tab I posted earlier (starts @ 28:30 if the time jump doesn't work):

[video]https://youtu.be/JGE7q6j4drw?t=28m31s[/video]

Yep, that's exactly what I hear on the record, and exactly what my preset is doing.
In other words, diatonic 3rds for the first 3 chords, and parallel 5ths for the last.
I forget who asked, but it does NOT require a custom scale. Intelligent harmonizer is fine.

And jeeeez... you could've warned me that Kanye would be in the vid.

And jeeeez... you could've warned me that Kanye would be in the vid.

You're very right - forgive me. There's was no reason to put you through that. If you stop it fast enough after the Mayer part you don't have to hear Mr. Kardashian's artistry.

(Was just clarifying the tab as you mentioned the first posted tab in the thread was what you heard, but I don't think that's what you programmed or what Andy was showing - the tab some other dude put up in sloppy text matches his description.)

I love that there are people out there that get into these niche sidebar discussions. 99.999...% of the world has no idea there's a harmony part at all and the people that do hear it get into debates about it. The curse of devil-ing the details I guess.

Last edited:
Dammit, had to turn off the video as soon as that revolting Kanye started up.

On another point, M@ you are obviously very talented and appear to be an incredibly nice guy too. Do you have any faults or character flaws because, quite frankly, I'm envious?

Another request for an Axe-FX 2 version.

Note - here's another song I haven't been playing correctly since 1981. Add this one to The Spirit of Radio. I mean 34 years playing something wrong! How humiliating! Well, actually, I played the main line correct for MIIB just never noticed/heard the harmony.

Just converted it to the Axe-FX II format and the Pitch block doesn't look it's converted. Just shows detune. :( Could you post a photo of what the block looks like, or a file download of the block itself? Here's what mine shows and it does nothing. :( Many thanks for posting this as I'm trying to figure it out for Tuesday rehearsal!
PitchBlockMessage.JPG

Back
Top Bottom