Message for Clark Kent.

Fabio KTG

Fractal Fanatic
Being hit in the face by a Mack truck by General Zodd must have left a mark. How on Earth did you manage to defeat a horde of extra terrestrials AND upload your perfect IR?

Man, you got some crazy skills.

And you girlfriend is a fine piece of ass.

PS. Don't fry my brain with your laser vision.

It was too sci-fi for me. I like Super Man and i love sci-fi, but MoS AND sci-fi? Not so much. It had a real Avengers Assemble vibe to it, that left me a tad jaded.

Overall, the movie was terrible.

***SPOILERS***
I'm a stickler for comic movie accuracy, but I don't really care about Superman. I went because it's probably the only comic movie that will ever get made that I won't get angry at if they screw something up. However, this was just a poorly made movie.

I enjoyed the background references to other Superman stuff. For instance, the little girl on the bus was not only named "Lana", but also LOOKED like a young version of Kristin Kreuk. Also, when they're fighting downtown and the water tower that flashes by in the background says "Smallville" on it. That was awesome. One of the buildings that gets destroyed has a Luther Corp. sign on it. Very cool.

What I did not enjoy were the continuity issues. Superman gets his power from lower gravity, nutrient enriched air, and 33 years of soaking in the Yellow Sun's radiation. Cool. Zod's team comes to earth and is INSTANTLY super. Clark is tied down on Zod's ship and the "environment" is changed, so he loses his powers. Fine. Zod can go outside on earth with his environment suit on and be super (without the xray vision, heat vision, and super hearing). WTF?!

And the fight scenes... dear lord. Dragonball Z had shorter action scenes.

***END SPOILERS***

The most astonishing thing about Superman movies is how they manage to keep finding ways of making them worse. I am waiting for the B movie version with blood and topless women.

And i quote.....

"Consider the driving urge between a man and a woman, the monomaniacal urge to achieve greater and greater penetration. Remember also that we are dealing with kryptonian muscles.

Superman would literally crush LL's body in his arms, while simultaneously ripping her open from crotch to sternum, gutting her like a trout."

ALL OF MY WAT?

And i quote.....

"Consider the driving urge between a man and a woman, the monomaniacal urge to achieve greater and greater penetration. Remember also that we are dealing with kryptonian muscles.

Superman would literally crush LL's body in his arms, while simultaneously ripping her open from crotch to sternum, gutting her like a trout."

ALL OF MY WAT?

I've actually thought about that before. Lois would be hurtin' afterwards for sure!

All wild and perhaps fun perambulations aside. Fantasy is kind of bogus. That's why it get worse when someone tries to real-ize it.

Back
Top Bottom