Meshuggah tonematch extravaganza!

... so GuitarJon :D I combined one of the presets with the Alive bass preset :D I just exported the tonematch from the bass preset and imported it as a cab. Then I imported it in one of your Meshuggahpresets and combined the bass and guitar for the ultimate Meshuggahpreset (Bass+guitar) in one preset using only one guitar :D check it out! it sounds massive :D you're only hearing two tracks + drums in this clip :D lead guitar and "guitar+bass guitar" :D

Hey I've been enjoying these patches ALOT! Sounds so good with my m80m :) They are spot on, great work!

The thing is, I have recently upgraded my firmware to 16.01, and they all sound and feel very different now, at least to me. Do you have any plans on uploading new presets for fw16? It whould be greatly appreciated! :encouragement:

Otherwise I'm thinking of doing a rollback to fw15, just because of these awesome presets! :)

Cheers, Mattie.

Hey I've been enjoying these patches ALOT! Sounds so good with my m80m :) They are spot on, great work!

The thing is, I have recently upgraded my firmware to 16.01, and they all sound and feel very different now, at least to me. Do you have any plans on uploading new presets for fw16? It whould be greatly appreciated! :encouragement:

Otherwise I'm thinking of doing a rollback to fw15, just because of these awesome presets! :)

Cheers, Mattie.

I think I tried some of the patches with fw16.01 but I can't recall hearing a difference in sound.
I'll reevaluate the sounds soon when I have a bit more time.
If the difference is big enough for my ears I will consider updating all the sounds.
The thing is that I don't want to keep updating all my tonematches when a new firmware comes.
It's a lot of work.....
Anyhow, I'll check them soon!

Hi guitarjon , thanks for the presets my band is recording our album some songs are 8 string, which patch would you recommend with good mids ? Catch33?

Brock - fantastic dude! Excellent work! I love the face when you kick in the low note passage. The ninth string made all the difference - can't be without the ninth gate of hell!!!!

Here is a little clip from my next up coming song. You hear only guitar tracks and the drums. I'm still searching the guitar tone to use and this is pretty close what's on my mind. I use The "M80M Cubase V2 P2" Tonematch on FW17.02. Only thing i adjusted on that patch was to add parametic EQ in the end of the chain. Highpass filter to 110Hz, Lowpass filter 6500Hz and lastly notch to 5000Hz -12dB. Made it more controlled sounding for my Blackjack C8.

I think these tonematches are still pretty much spot on with FW17.02. Even thought they are done with earlier FW.

I made a really quick test here:

I used the V2 Cubase presets (1 and 2 quad-tracked left and right).
And for bass I used my new bass preset.
Sounds pretty cool eventhough I put this together in 30 mins or so.

That sounds fn killer and clean great work bro

Here is a little clip from my next up coming song. You hear only guitar tracks and the drums. I'm still searching the guitar tone to use and this is pretty close what's on my mind. I use The "M80M Cubase V2 P2" Tonematch on FW17.02. Only thing i adjusted on that patch was to add parametic EQ in the end of the chain. Highpass filter to 110Hz, Lowpass filter 6500Hz and lastly notch to 5000Hz -12dB. Made it more controlled sounding for my Blackjack C8.

I think these tonematches are still pretty much spot on with FW17.02. Even thought they are done with earlier FW.

Finally some fellow 8 stringers on here. That sounds .... wait the link wouldn't work:(

Anyone make a patch for the new Meshuggah album VSOR yet?? I'm looking for that tone on the last breakdown at the end of my fav song on VSR, By the Ton!!!

Hi everybody!

I've been a meshuggah fan for quite some time now and ever since I heard about them playing 8-string guitars I wanted to have one!
When Ibanez came out with their first ever production 8-string I got one right away.
I had fun with it for a while but I eventually sold it.
Since then I've owned some other 8-string guitars from LTD, Schecter and Agile.
None of those guitars really got me to where I wanted.

The sound from Meshuggah is dependent on a few specific things.
1. The way they dial and play their sounds.
2. The way their guitars are built + string gauges.

When Ibanez released the new M80M (more affordable signature model) in 2013 I knew that I had to get one!
Soooooo, yesterday my guitar arrived!
It's such a beast!
It sounds so damn good, gnarly, rich and full.
This guitar surpasses all my other 8-string by far.
All this because of a few specific things like the 29.4 scale, the string gauges, the body wood and the Lundgren pick-up.
I thought this was a good time to make some meshuggah tonematches.
I did quite a few rhythm sounds actually.

You can download them here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0hfbjnfp6bbai0/Meshuggah FW15.03 tonematches.rar

Listen to a few riffs I recorded with these patches here:

I also own Cubase 7.5 wich features some signature presets for the guitar plugin called 'Amp Rack'.
They used those sounds for the recording of their latest record, Koloss.
I also made matches of those settings.

There is also a basic 'general' patch in there that uses a user cab called 4x12 Metal.
This IR was made by Clawfinger and you will also find this in the RAR.
This sound was tweaked by me to get a good general Meshuggah type 8-string sound.

These sounds will probably not sound the same if you use another guitar but they will get you really close!

The RAR features sounds from Destroy Erase Improve, Chaosphere, Nothing (re-release), I, Catch 33, Obzen, Koloss, Cubase presets and Alive.

Enjoy!

I tried to load these patches in but after downloading, FracBot can't even see the RAR file! It's there but it just doesn't see it! Is this because I'm using a Mac or some shit?

Was playing some Meshuggah songs earlier and thought man I wish I had a good patch, remembered I downloaded these years ago and they are killer! Great work and thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom