Meshuggah Tone from DEI

tjkili

Wow :eek: that was quick....

Well anyway, I'm looking for the Heavy Rhythm and Lead tones from the Destroy Erase Improve Album.
It's definitely one of my favourite heavy tones.

I've been messing around with the Recto Amp block and various Cabs but couldn't get anything that satisfied me...
Maybe someone can point me into the right direction or maybe even upload a patch :D

Any help is appreciated
tjkili

As far as the cabs go, I know one of Clawfinger's IRs is taken from Fredrik's Marshall cab used on several Meshuggah records ;)

Thanks for the Reply.

But I'm looking for their tone from their Destroy,Erase,Imrove / None Albums which has a much greater guitar tone before they went the Line 6 route
(But maybe that'll change with the AXe :D )
AFAIK on the DEI Album they used Dual rectifiers with Marshall 1960a Cabs and Neumann KM84 Mics. Also I think they were using TC Electronic preamps to boost the signal....

I think Clawfinger's Meshuggah IR cab is the actual one Thordendal used on DEI. T used a Marshall Valvestate for rhythms and a Recto for leads as far as I remember. I am, as always, most certainly wrong though... So don't quote me! Claw is the man for info on T's gear. :twisted:

Amphibian said:
I think Clawfinger's Meshuggah IR cab is the actual one Thordendal used on DEI.

That's what I meant, but I don't know which albums Clawfinger/Jocke named exactly that this Marshall cab was used on.
You're right, he will probably be able to help with the detailed equipment used.

Hehe, every time I discuss Meshuggah's sound with someone, it turns out people don't realize how much of that sound is the bass guitar...people get obsessed with trying to find that extremely brutal sound, but most of the secret is the bass sound. The guitar rhythm sounds aren't really that special imho...but I am sure you already know this, I just came to think of it when I saw this thread. They use 8 stringers don't they?? They have a deal with ibanez maybe?

+1000 on the bass... I heard in an interview posted here a while back that the secret to the Meshuggah "chugga chugga" is the bass. They said that a good reference for the bass sound was something along the lines of "an old rusty eighteen wheeler being dragged on its side on concrete"...

I think, however, that this is a pretty good reference of how Fredrik sounded 8-10 years ago:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=U5YEqmIIdj8

Pre Line6 that is...

I totally agree that the Bass is an essential part of their sound. Despite that I'm still very fond of their guitar tone they used for NONE and DEI.

Everything they released after that, is IMHO not that great tone wise (not musically).

Back
Top Bottom