Meshuggah - Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave It Motion (preset inside)

Hi folks! I've just recorded and uploaded a short part of the new Meshuggah song, one of the grooviest riffs I've heard in a while. Here it is:

Francesco Filigoi "Meshuggah - Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave It Motion" w/ Carvin DC800 - YouTube

I'm using my Carvin DC800 and, although an awesome instrument, Carvin's active pickups are very strange so I had to work hard to build a suitable preset for them.
They're very hot pickups with a weird voicing, so to balance it the preset is very dry and will probably not work well with your guitars, but give it a try nonetheless :)

With this particular guitar I've found that the best amp combination are either Cameron CH2 and BRIT JVM for a drier, less compressed sound, or just RECTO ORANGE for a more modern, more punchy and saturated tone. I might build a Recto Orange preset for it the next days...

My purpose wasn't to build a Meshuggah type sound, although it's very close to that type of tone, but rather to have a good tone out of the Carvin.
If you're after a sound that goes scarily close to the new album, use for sure the 4x12 METAL cab, since I'm pretty sure they used it on the incoming album (the impulse was originally made by Jocke Skog and now has been removed with the current firmware due to owner's request).

EDIT: preset now updated (v2 version)

Attachments

• Chuggah_v2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Guys, I've made a mistake: the preset I've included is NOT the right one, but an earlier version that is missing an EQ block and tons of other fine tweakings. Here's the updated final version.

Attachments

• Chuggah_v2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 114
a1ex1s91 said:
Thx for sharing the patch ! Sounds pretty good out of ur cam mic.

gorgeous guitar btw!

It's actually my cam mic mixed with a double tracking I did for this particular riff, mixed also with the original song. Hope you like the patch:)

Back
Top Bottom