Mesa TC based on Wizard?

TGM

Inspired
Hi,

The more I use the MESA TC amp, the more I feel that this amp is based on a Wizard. I had a brief time with a Wizard amp therefore I am not %100. Anybody can shade light on this?

I would have never guessed that. Never played a tone master, but maybe that amp has some similar aspects to a Wizard.

I would have never guessed that. Never played a tone master, but maybe that amp has some similar aspects to a Wizard.

That’s the 1994 Tone-Master, not the current digital Tonemaster series.

Reactions: TGM
They're all derivatives of existing amps, which are based on basic signal amplifier circuits from the 30's and 40's. It all depends on how many hairs you want to split.

Yep. Marshall started off as a variation of a Fender Bassman. The first Boogie was a modified Princeton. Leo Fender started with circuits he pulled from Western Electric diagrams.

Hell Gibson had to copy slash's copy of a les Paul to make his signature didn't they?

A copy of a copy of a copy...lol
Wait....that's one too many copies...I think.😂

That be the chibson slash signature...
When they first started making "signature" Les Pauls..., ok, a signature of a signature...? What's next?

They're all derivatives of existing amps, which are based on basic signal amplifier circuits from the 30's and 40's. It all depends on how many hairs you want to split.
It’s true, but also, an MCII isn’t too far from a Jubilee and it does share some things such as a similar diode clipping circuit and approach with the tone stack. The small differences totally make it sound like it’s own thing, but it’s more like a hot rodded Jubilee IMO than just borrowing ideas from the 30’s or 40’s.

It’s no criticism at all, I love the Wizard tones and it’s cool that they offer what they do.

Back
Top Bottom