Mesa Stiletto amp?

adam1094

I was wondering if the Axe had a model of a Mesa Stiletto amp? I had a client that was interested in using that tone. I looked around the wiki page and googled but only found stuff about the cabs. Thanks for any help!

Nope. I actually used a stiletto for a while and really like the tone.

Maybe someone has a tone match on the exchange, or maybe change the tone stack of a recto to something Marshall?

isn't this just Mesa Boogies take on a modded Marshall? Im sure you can get the Stilleto tone with the over abundance of Modded Marshall models the AXE 2 already has.

I've never gotten a truly great sound out of one. I was a Mesa dealer and had at least 5 of them through my shop.

If I remember correctly.. Wasn't the Stiletto a Dual Rec with different power tubes?

You could probably be right in the ballpark with a Dual Rec & changing the tube type & maybe the tone stack type as previously stated by Darren..

I think it's really just a dual rec with EL34's instead of 6L6's.

I believe there is more to it than a tube swap. They sound way too different. I love Stiletto's and pretty much hate the Rec's.

I had both the single Recto head and Stiletto Ace head. The Ace was a great amp, with the clean channel & Gain channel and my volume knob I could do anything. The amp sounded at it's best in a band situation. That amp taught me about what it takes to cut through in a mix.

IMO the Ace tones can be found using the Friedman HB or HBE with the right IR.

Back
Top Bottom