Mesa OS 4x12 IR's (Free)

Axe-Master
One of my friends has been kind enough to loan me his oversize Mesa 4x12 cabinet for a week or so. Naturally the first thing I did was take some test IR's with the Axe-Fx III, and the results are attached here in both IR and syx format.

The cabinet has 2 V30's on top (a Mesa branded V30 and a UK Celestion) and 2 EV's on the bottom, so there's a big variation between the shots. Mics used are an SM7b, e609 and a Fathead. There's some cab-lab mixes in there too.

The V30 SM7 shot is probably my favourite, while the V30 Mix 2 is great with the Mark Series amps for metal and the EV Mix is wonderful with the Dumble models.

Have fun!

Attachments

• MES OS IR's.zip
    544.5 KB · Views: 1,182
Last edited:
Keep me posted with how you like them!

I'd love to know how you get on with these. The EV's are super dark and smooth while the V30's have a lot of bite.
LT MES OS V30A FH is excellent for me, just too dark but has the perfect basses i like, just needs to be mixed with a more agressive IR like LT MES OS V30 Mix 2 or LT MES OS V30B 609 for the metal hell to come down ! :)

I'd love to know how you get on with these. The EV's are super dark and smooth while the V30's have a lot of bite.
As soon as I get my left ear back, I will ! I've been half deaf for two weeks now because of sinusitis/serous otitis. It's starting to go now, I just started a heavy cortisone/antibiotics treatment. I expect to love those IRs, I like EV for Dumble tones and V30 for high gain :) Thanks again for these !

As soon as I get my left ear back, I will ! I've been half deaf for two weeks now because of sinusitis/serous otitis. It's starting to go now, I just started a heavy cortisone/antibiotics treatment. I expect to love those IRs, I like EV for Dumble tones and V30 for high gain :) Thanks again for these !

Oh man that's the worse!

The EV's are super dark, especially with the Fathead. One of the mixes is the EV/FH with the V30/SM7. Nice combo.

I can't wait to hear the cabs. There are two files, is one Mac and the other PC, just asking because i,m new to this and i see the file size is different?

Back
Top Bottom