• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Mesa OS 4x12 IR's (Free)

Fractal Fanatic
One of my friends has been kind enough to loan me his oversize Mesa 4x12 cabinet for a week or so. Naturally the first thing I did was take some test IR's with the Axe-Fx III, and the results are attached here in both IR and syx format.

The cabinet has 2 V30's on top (a Mesa branded V30 and a UK Celestion) and 2 EV's on the bottom, so there's a big variation between the shots. Mics used are an SM7b, e609 and a Fathead. There's some cab-lab mixes in there too.

The V30 SM7 shot is probably my favourite, while the V30 Mix 2 is great with the Mark Series amps for metal and the EV Mix is wonderful with the Dumble models.

Have fun!

Attachments

Last edited:

AlGrenadine

Axe-Master
Vendor
Keep me posted with how you like them!

I'd love to know how you get on with these. The EV's are super dark and smooth while the V30's have a lot of bite.
LT MES OS V30A FH is excellent for me, just too dark but has the perfect basses i like, just needs to be mixed with a more agressive IR like LT MES OS V30 Mix 2 or LT MES OS V30B 609 for the metal hell to come down ! :)

fremen

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I'd love to know how you get on with these. The EV's are super dark and smooth while the V30's have a lot of bite.
As soon as I get my left ear back, I will ! I've been half deaf for two weeks now because of sinusitis/serous otitis. It's starting to go now, I just started a heavy cortisone/antibiotics treatment. I expect to love those IRs, I like EV for Dumble tones and V30 for high gain :) Thanks again for these !

Fractal Fanatic
As soon as I get my left ear back, I will ! I've been half deaf for two weeks now because of sinusitis/serous otitis. It's starting to go now, I just started a heavy cortisone/antibiotics treatment. I expect to love those IRs, I like EV for Dumble tones and V30 for high gain :) Thanks again for these !
Oh man that's the worse!

The EV's are super dark, especially with the Fathead. One of the mixes is the EV/FH with the V30/SM7. Nice combo.

WhammyKat

I can't wait to hear the cabs. There are two files, is one Mac and the other PC, just asking because i,m new to this and i see the file size is different?

Top Bottom