Mesa MKII C+?

Pwrmac7600

Power User
Have a question with this amp. I noticed in images of the real amp that the controls are as follows.
Volume 1, Treble, Bass, Middle, Master 1, Lead Drive, Lead Master, and then at some point later, a Presence control was added. On the model in the Axe it has a Input Drive and overdrive. How does this correspond to the real amp since the real amp doesn't appear to have input drive and overdrive?

The real amp’s drive channel is cascaded with the “clean” channel (mode), so the “rhythm volume” affects the sound of both the rhythm and lead sections. I think of it as input sensitivity, and that is how it acts on the distortion “channel.” To get great cleans, this knob is usually turned lower in the range. To get Metallica/ Dream Theater, this knob is at 7+. That’s why Petrucci’s JP-2C has separate “channels”, so he can have different settings for that volume 1 setting.

The real amp’s drive channel is cascaded with the “clean” channel (mode), so the “rhythm volume” affects the sound of both the rhythm and lead sections. I think of it as input sensitivity, and that is how it acts on the distortion “channel.” To get great cleans, this knob is usually turned lower in the range. To get Metallica/ Dream Theater, this knob is at 7+. That’s why Petrucci’s JP-2C has separate “channels”, so he can have different settings for that volume 1 setting.
AWESOME, that's the clarification I was looking for. Thanks!

Yeah I really can't get the low end as tight on the other amp sims. Having owned... I think 8 Mesa Mark series amps by now I feel like the IIC++ is best amp sim for really nailing that Mark series tone and attack.

Back
Top Bottom