Mesa mark IV pull knobs

Raab90

Inspired
Hello.

Following the boogie hype the new IIC+ has introduced, I've come up with some questions regarding the mark IV's push-pull knobs.

--------------------------About the Bright Pull knobs--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the wiki:

For the lead channel. There are 4 modes:

USA LEAD: Mid Gain switched off, Pull Bright off.
USA LEAD +: Mid Gain switched on, Pull Bright off.
USA LEAD BRT: Mid Gain switched off, Pull Bright on.
USA LEAD BRT +: Mid Gain on, Pull Bright on.

Also, Original controls: Drive (Axe-Fx: Input Drive), Lead Drive (Axe-Fx: Overdrive), Master, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence, pull Bright switch, pull Fat (Axe-Fx: Fat). Presence Shift not modeled. Graphic Equalizer not modeled

1) Knowing that the lead channel has 2 pull bright knobs, which one is the "BRT" and which one is the "Bright Switch" modelling?

2) RYTHM 1 has two bright pull knobs. Which one is being modeled with the amp block's bright switch?

3) Regarding the RYTHM 2 Channel, it also has a Master-Bright Pull knob. Is this modeled?

--------------------------About the presence pull shift and fat switch----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the description of the lead channel it is stated that the prescence shit was not modeled.
There's also this piece of information regarding the RYTHM 2 Channel:

Based on: Mesa Boogie Mark IV (Rhythm 2 channel), THE California crunch rhythm sound. 6L6. Rhythm channel 2 with “Fat” switch OFF.

"I modeled the USA Rhythm with the Presence Shift pulled (for variety and since I thought it sounds better that way)"

Nevertheless, I also found this:

"A “Presence Shift” switch has been added to certain “USA” amp models (those based on amps with a “Pull Shift” on the Presence knob). This switch is found under the Presence control and replicates the behavior when the Presence knob is pulled out on these amps. Note that the behavior of this switch is authentic and may result in volume reduction when active since the negative feedback is increased which lowers the loop gain"

"All Mesa Mark lead models have been reworked and renamed for clarity. Note that the models are modeled with the amp’s Pull Shift knob disengaged. To replicate the function of the Pull Shift, set the Depth to zero..."

4) Would this mean that the presence pull shift is indeed modeled for Lead 1? Is it modeled for the other channels as well? Which one of the above statements is accurate?

Also according to the wiki, the fat switch on the lead channel acts as the fat for the lead channel.

"The Fat switch works the same as Pull Fat"

5) Does this hold true for the RYTHM 2 Channel as well?

The last two questions are mostly relevant because the following lines "...Rhythm channel 2 with “Fat” switch OFF.

"I modeled the USA Rhythm with the Presence Shift pulled (for variety and since I thought it sounds better that way)"

wouldn't make any sense if the fat switch and pull shift switches are modeled.

I hope I didn't make you dizzy.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom