Mesa Mark IV channel switching

cannibal

OK, I've decided to try and attempt this.....

I can't find anywhere, where someone just says, "you'll need x amount of these and/or x amount of these", etc.... or a diagram, etc....
There alot of explanations about trs ts etc..... I still don't understand if I'll need a y-splitter or not.

So, I'd like to go to guitar center tomorrow and just get what I need to make this work. So, does anyone know EXACTLY what I need to buy?

I really, only need to switch between 2 channels, say 1 "clean" and 3 "metal!"...... I wont be switching anything else on or off.

Thank you guys!

I ran a trs to a split Ts from the fx8 using only one control switch output, you could also use both of the control switch outputs using just a ts cable from each. you can switch between all 3 channels on the amp.

I was not using my amps reverb or any simulclass switching just kept it simple.

Change the ftsw selected knob on the back of the amp to external switching (plug your cables in to clean and R2 on the back right side of the mark Iv) and toggle between the tip/ring and sleeve options on your patch under the fx8

ok, I had a couple of short TS patch cords that I rigged up, on from each relay to Lead and Channel 1 and I got it to work, so Ill need to go buy some 20 footers...
However, if I only wanted to run 1 cable, could I run a TRS cable into a splitter and have (example) tip be channel 1 and ring be Lead, or is that wishful thinking. The less cords the better.
And if that last scenario works, would the splitter have to be TRS on all 3 ends?

I also realized that "off" doesn't work, you have to pick ring or tip for all the scenes, correct? When I had one on "off" none of the channels were lit, but the amp went to some very loud default tone.....

I ran a trs to a split Ts from the fx8 using only one control switch output,

I think that answers my question....so A TRS cable into a TS splitter. I wasn't sure how that works, but it looks like the splitter, on the side with the 2 ends, has one as ring, and one as tip. So that's what I need to make this work with only 1 cable? I only need to switch between 2 channels. I'm not using any other switches....

Yes one cable with a splitter on the end will do the trick (stereo to dual mono) that’s how I ran mine

Use the search bar upper right and you will find all your answers to this.
Love the fact that you think I didn't already try that...hahaha
My post when read carefully mentions that none of the threads are detailed enough so that someone just knows what to buy and start using. A few of them even go off onto other tangents.....
Believe me, I've searched. And, if the thread exists and I've missed it, please accept my apology.

Love the fact that you think I didn't already try that...hahaha
My post when read carefully mentions that none of the threads are detailed enough so that someone just knows what to buy and start using. A few of them even go off onto other tangents.....
Believe me, I've searched. And, if the thread exists and I've missed it, please accept my apology.

That was not said in any manner other than knowledge. Can't be sensitive in these environments.;)

Is this what I need? Guitar center doesn't carry these insert cables, so I gotta buy online. Gig is 2 weeks, don't have a lot of time to lose...
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IPBQ2Q20

Again, all I want to do is go out of relay 1 into channels 1 and 3 (clean and lead) in the Mark iv. I know I can do this with 2 seperate TS cables, but I'm trying to do it with 1 cable.

That was not said in any manner other than knowledge. Can't be sensitive in these environments.;)
Sorry, I'm on a lot of different forums and I see that type of reply too often. Not to me, just generally. No worries, have a good one!

Sorry, I'm on a lot of different forums and I see that type of reply too often. Not to me, just generally. No worries, have a good one!
No problem. Best tronics made one for my MARK V. 2 jacks on one end and a single other.

Back
Top Bottom