Mesa Mark IIc+ - Great Mic'ed, Guitar Only, Clip - Perfect For Tone-Matching

shredi knight

Power User
Mesa Mark IIc+ - Great Mic'ed, Guitar Only Clip - Perfect For Tone-Matching

I found his on a CD I burned quite a few years ago that consisted of amateur made Mesa amp clips. It's a mic'ed up clip of a guy (have no idea who) playing some sustained chords/riffs/leads through a Mark IIc+'s lead channel (plus some clean channel tone in the middle). The tone is high gain and excellent IMO. It seems to be a good quality recording, so I thought I'd share it for anyone who is going after that John Petrucci/Marco Sfogli like Mesa Mark tone and wanted to try Tone-Matching it. Since I am without my Axe-Fx II until I get it back from Fractal, I am going to have to wait on trying to Tone-Match it myself.

I am also soon going to be sent several mic'ed, guitar only Mark IV clips from a guy on another forum. If he doesn't mind, I can share those too if anyone is interested. I already used one of his clips for Tone-Matching and the results came out great.

Enjoy. :)

EDIT - Working link:

http://soundcloud.com/shredi-knight/mark-iic-guitar-only-1/download

Last edited:
arrrrg, accounts, I dont need another just upload the mp3 or something, thanks or not obviously though if you went to the trouble you want people to get it. soundcloud even?

That sounds really, really great.

Was there chorus used in that clip? It sounds so huge I can't help but think there's some kind of double tracking or chorus effect going on.

That sounds really, really great.

Was there chorus used in that clip? It sounds so huge I can't help but think there's some kind of double tracking or chorus effect going on.

No idea man. It's not my clip and I don't really remember anything about it other than it's a Mark IIc+ (and I only know that because I had written down what Mesa amp was used in each of the clips that I burned put on the CD). I really don't think there's any chorus or double tracking effect on that though. I think it's all amp. It really does sound amazing, especially the third section with the lead playing. Super juicy tone.

I wished I had realized I had that clip before my Axe II died. My new one is on it's way though (should be here Friday or Monday) and I can't wait to try tone matching it.

Back
Top Bottom