Mesa Mark-based Amp models

Radley

Experienced
It seems to my ears that the Mesa Mark-based Amps sound/feel better and have less of that 'midsy honk' to EQ out - anyone else noticing this?

It seems to my ears that the Mesa Mark-based Amps sound/feel better and have less of that 'midsy honk' to EQ out - anyone else noticing this?

Interesting, I have a Mark V and have never heard a midsy honk from that amp. Never heard the midsy honk on the II prior to V 10 either.

This, coming from a GT-10 user and that cocked whah really hurt my ears, so much that I was considering buying an hd500, when my tone buddy told me I should wait and save up for the Ultra. Now, I have the Ultra and the II with V 10 and man, V 10 just smokes everything out there, even flavours of special K.

Jean.

I don't know about midrange honk, but I have noticed that they've changed considerably (and for the better). I had skipped over the USA clean as a clean sound in v9 as it was too thin and brittle for me, but in v10 it sounds more robust and even. I've actually switched this over to become my main clean amp now.

Basically, I'm saying that I find that these models sound better in 10.0, and seem to require less Graphic EQ correction to achieve the classic Mark IIC+ tones, heard on so many tracks & solos.

Yepp !

I had lots of mark amps before and now they finally don't
need eq in the axe .
Also try the usa pre yellow and turn on sag to activate poweramp.
That gives a real good mark series amp sound as well

Definitely agree.

The models seem to have more low mids and ballz vz spiky upper mids.

Also, the new producer IR's are similar. Less honk more ballz. This alone is a major tone changer.

To my ears some of the older factory cabs sound less honky too??

The lead preset sounds a little closer to the truth, especially with an open E. It does a great job at capturing the total flavor but something in the middle is different.

The Studio lead preset is amazing, and I actually like it even more with the petrucci cab ir and 57 mic ON Top of the ir. Such a smooth "commercial" sound.

Back
Top Bottom