Mesa Lonestar Preview

Very cool, Cliff. If you are so inclined I'd love to hear your take on some of his gorgeous slow song tones.... like Resolution or The Prayer... beautiful stuff there as well.

You sounded great, btw.

That album was done with a plexi and tube driver dist pedal which we already have in spade in the ii. It's all in the box

What cab is on this one Cliff? I know Andy uses Mesa V30 cabs, but for the resolution CD, I think he was using Marshalls cab with Greenbacks!! On your recording, my guess would be the 4X12 Redwire greenbacks. Am I wrong?

That album was done with a plexi and tube driver dist pedal which we already have in spade in the ii. It's all in the box

You're missing my point. I wasn't asking if the amp / pedal were in the box. I was specifically interested to hear Cliff's take on achieving those sounds since he is obviously pretty good at dialing up tones.

Reactions: jon
When I started on this I was trying to copy the sound in a new YouTube video where Andy was explaining his latest rig with the Lonestars, BB, etc. Once I got the sound down I then went through my AT catalog and realized the only song I can play worth a cr*p is Deliver Us.

Thats where I go too to try and cop his tone

man I've never come across an andy timmons video where I wasn't BLOWN away by his tone! this guys has it all! :eek:

Very nice Cliff. I echo the sentiment that it's good to hear you having fun with the fruits of your labor. Thanks again for such an amazing product. I just got a call today from an agent/player who asked what rig I was using after hearing samples on our website and once I told him he said he is looking into it so hopefully I sold one for you guys.

Never tire of Andy's playing or his tones... I need to see him live. I wonder if he ever makes it out to Seattle?

Cliff, I'm ready to beta test the TX STAR LEAD model whenever you get a quick minute between being awesome to send it to me. Thanks in advance, sir!

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom