Mesa Compact Recto 212 IR's

Axe-Master
My channel recently ticked over 3k subscribers, so as a little thank you a put together a mini IR pack with some presets. I used a Shure SM57, Cascade Fat Head and an AKG D5 in some of my favourite positions on a Mesa 212 Compact Recto Cab with V30's and the pack has some individual captures (in syx and WAV format) as well as various mixes. I put in far more time and effort with mic placement and room treatment than my last IR captures and I'm far happier with the quality of these.

The download link is in the video description, and if you like the IR's please feel free to share them and direct people to my channel.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Very cool, thank you Leon! I have subscribed and look forward to many more of your videos!

Thanks for your IR´s - have tried them with the Mesa IV and your suggestions (Shift presence etc) - some great ones IR are there.
The SM 57 IR´s sound very clear - no harschness an no ice picky.
Also good with clean sounds like the Lonestar clean channel.

I like them more than the Justin York 2x12 - those are not so direct and clear as yours! You´ve got a good hand for shooting IR´s?

It´s always a pleasure to hear and see you playing guitar.

Thanks for your IR´s - have tried them with the Mesa IV and your suggestions (Shift presence etc) - some great ones IR are there.
The SM 57 IR´s sound very clear - no harschness an no ice picky.
Also good with clean sounds like the Lonestar clean channel.

I like them more than the Justin York 2x12 - those are not so direct and clear as yours! You´ve got a good hand for shooting IR´s?

It´s always a pleasure to hear and see you playing guitar.

Thanks, glad you're liking them. The 57 captures were mostly on the cap edge closest to the center of the cabinet and at varying distances between sitting on the grill and two inches back.

Justin's @York Audio Bipolar Cab Pack is my gold standard reference for IR's and comparing these to his helped me hone my placement and technique.

I meant the Justin York Pack with the 2x12, 4x12 and Vox - the first shot of the same cabs. There´s no IR in this JY2x12 Pack like yours with such clarity.

Last edited:
I meant the Justin York Pack with the 2x12, 4x12 and Vox - the first shot of the same cabs. There´s no IR in this JY2x12 Pack like yours with such clarity.
Ok I get you now, that's the Ownhammer pack right? I love OH stuff so that's a huge complement, thanks :)

Hey Leon, Perry here. Congratulations on your milestone of reaching 3,000 subscribers it won't be long that you'll be eclipsing the 5, 6 & 7K mark. You are a great communicator, tutor, and player.

I'm always learning something when I watch your video. And thank you for being so gracious in sharing presets and IR's these are gifts that are always welcome. Hope that all is well down under and that you keep on posting more interesting and educational videos.

Cheers mate !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom