Mesa Boogie Mark IV - Metal, this time with the preset :)

kostein

Inspired
Hey guys, time for a new video. Since a lot of people asked for the presets on my previous video, I thought of a cool idea on how to share them. I'm gonna be making a series of videos where I'll use just one amp in each vid and share the preset used. Obviously this is the first one of the series and there are lots more to come. ;)

So without further ado, I present you my version of the Mark IV, along with quite a bit of humor, as per usual :D This was recorded with FW 7.0 and I haven't updated to 8.0 yet so I don't know how much difference there is between them.

Special thanks go to kmanick for pointing me to the right direction on how to tame this thing.

Preset @ Kostas Charalambous - The search for bro0talz

Enjoy!

Last edited:
fiing aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome, in all ways, and thanks for the patch; just curious knowing little about recording, but what do you do in "post processing"?

Thanks for this video,

like it a lot. I know it is a lot of work, but i also would like to know more (way more) about your "post-processing". A separate video about only this post-processing would be very awesome.

Regards Frank

Kalimera Kostas,

and WOOOOOWWWW ... nice vid again ... very well done ... video editing as usual very very great. Like your sense of humor a lot. This mark iv patch i like most of all. I was curious wot ya come
up next with. Very surprised you'd use the mark iv patch first ;)) Looking forward to the next vid. Do you know when you ll finish the Diezel Vids??

Go on with your realy excellent work.

Greatz M

Awesomeness as usual
I'd also like to know what this "post processing magic" is all about
Yassou leventaa :)

You rock man! This is right up my alley. Regarding said post-processing, I'm very curious to know which software tools you use ... DAW/Plugins/Drums?- really dig the sound of your drum tracks :) Thanks for the vids!!

Sounds awesome. Grabbing this patch fo' sho'

I'll second the post further up, what are you doing for post processing?

I'm glad you're diggin' it dudes, really appreciate all your kind words! :) Quick note, monsterhulk noticed that I had uploaded the wrong patch at first. I've uploaded the correct one since he told me.

Looking forward to the next vid. Do you know when you ll finish the Diezel Vids??

I'm gonna start working on the next one once I get new strings and it will probably feature the 5150, along with the patch. I'm not really sure when I'll do the Diezels. I always aim to use an amp best suited for the song I'm playing so it's a matter of pairing them together for the best possible result ;) I may do a few covers as well if I don't feel that any of my stuff will do the amp justice. With at least 12 more vids planned, there's a lot of ground to cover. I may even consider recommendations about cover songs or even requests for specific amps. I'll see how it goes.

You rock man! This is right up my alley. Regarding said post-processing, I'm very curious to know which software tools you use ... DAW/Plugins/Drums?- really dig the sound of your drum tracks. Thanks for the vids!!

Thanks man :)
I use Cubase 5 as my DAW. I've been a Cubase since my early beginnings of getting into recording and I haven't felt the need to switch to something else as it is very very powerful and it just feels "home" to me.
As for plugins I only use a few waves plugins, like EQ, compressors, limiters, pretty basic stuff really.
For drums I'm using SD 2.0 with the Metal Foundry addon. It took me a while to get them sounding good to my ears. I have since made a preset which I use on pretty much everything now (at least for metal) and I make some minor changes depending on the song. I have them setup in multi channel mode and I use parallel compression and reverb.

Post processing "MAGIC" button :D
The big question you're all wondering about. I'm basically engaging everything at once, channel EQs/compressors/limiters etc. The heart of all this "magic" though is Izotope's Ozone 5. It's a mastering plugin that I love and adore very dearly. It has really helped my mixes reach a level that I'm really happy with. Granted it's not the easiest thing to work with if you don't know what you're doing but once you get the hang of it, it's really great.

I've been getting a lot of questions lately about how I record/mix my stuff. I'm thinking of making some tutorial videos regarding my approach to recording/mixing at some point although I don't know how good they'll turn out. I don't feel confident enough for such a task, yet. Time will tell...

Again thanks for all the kind comments! Stay tuned for more vids (and patches), lots more coming, as time allows.

Reactions: yek
I can't imagine a tutorial video being anything less than stellar. You've done a great job with what you posted. Thanks for sharing.

The last bit of the video is the best thing ever! Hearing the single track vs. the multi track and post processing is what I wish every clip had. Thanks so much for putting all the effort into this. Awesome.

Wow,

can't say enough thanks for this informations so far.

Hmmmm....i have nearly the same things around me, including the "MAGIC" button from Izotope Ozone 5, where i mostly choose a preset what fits to the song, and then tweaking here and there further.

I can't play so well, but i think i have found a new challenge for me.
Only a good screen capture-tool, and a clean room (yeah, my music room looks like a mess)...are needed. lol
I think about a mixing-thread, i have nothing to loose, only to win :)

Looking forward to your next vid.

Hey guys, time for a new video. Since a lot of people asked for the presets on my previous video, I thought of a cool idea on how to share them. I'm gonna be making a series of videos where I'll use just one amp in each vid and share the preset used. Obviously this is the first one of the series and there are lots more to come. ;)

So without further ado, I present you my version of the Mark IV, along with quite a bit of humor, as per usual :D This was recorded with FW 7.0 and I haven't updated to 8.0 yet so I don't know how much difference there is between them.

Special thanks go to kmanick for pointing me to the right direction on how to tame this thing.

Preset @ Kostas Charalambous - The search for bro0talz

Enjoy!

Awesome patch and awesome work, I would seriously love to know how you mastered it to the level you did whilst keeping everything intact. I have Ozone 5 and can't come anywhere near without wrecking the song.. Even with SSD and your patch, I tried to match like for like and just can't do it LOL!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom