Mesa Boogie Mark IV - FREE AXE-FX III PRESET

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

The Mesa Mark IV has a special meaning to me. It's the amp I had been playing for years when I finally traded it for a Standard Axe-Fx so many years back. I can be honest to myself now and admit that as long as I can get a convincing Mark IV sound out of any modeler, the amp modeling has to be extremely accurate. So far no other modeler has been able to do this except Fractal.

Extremely tight. No need for a noise gate. Liquid enough for lead playing. Amazing cut in the mix. Very unforgiving... just like the real amp. I know because I can A/B them side by side now that I just got my Mark V.

The Axe-Fx doesn't have models of the preamps in the Mark V so this is not a tone match or anything. This is a well balanced preset that nails that "Mark IV sound in my head". Give it a spin! It's free after all. The cab block is pretty awesome for just about any kind of sound so give it a looksy.

Attachments

• ML Axe-III Mark IV.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 630
Will try this out when I get an Axe-Fx3 ! ;)

Soon !

(Expected in less than a month)

I’ve had a Boogie Mk V but never been able to get a « good » tone. I think I was too used to play on Diezel (that I still own).

Last edited:
My bad ! Thanks !!!

What I love with the Fractal community is this way to share presets. I can discover amps that I woudn’t be able to appreciate by myself.

So, thanks again (and for everybody sharing)

Will try this out when I get an Axe-Fx3 ! ;)

Soon !

(Expected in less than a month)

I’ve had a Boogie Mk V but never been able to get a « good » tone. I think I was too used to play on Diezel (that I still own).
Mark series amps are not easy to dial in. You definitely need to be a tweaker. :)

Sounds great with the cab sims! Through my power amp/real cab it needed a bit more tweaking. In regards to a/b with the Mark V, you can definitely get it to sound like the modes in ch.3 of your Mark V. That has been my amp since it came out in '09 and I was able to get it to sound the same. If you figure out how to get channel 2's crunch mode please share that. I love that sound as well.

Back
Top Bottom