• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish MESA BOOGIE JP-2C

Do you want to have Mesa/Boogie JP-2C in the Axe-Fx II - III?

• Yes

Votes: 32 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PumpkinKing86

Experienced
In regards to how many models we would need to do the JP-2C justice, I think we could get by with four: Rhythm, Rhythm with Shred engaged, Lead, and Lead with Shred engaged.

After reading the manual, Pull Gain only adds a little more gain so I think it would be pointless to model that.

Pull Presence is more interesting. The manual basically says having it pushed in makes it operate at a lower frequency than having it pulled (pulled being the traditional Boogie frequency). With the number of EQ options that we have with the Axe-FX, I think having the Presence knob pulled for all of these four hypothetical channels would be fine. (Unless there are opinions to the contrary.)

Shred mode definitely makes a big difference though. IIRC from the demos, it also helps a ton with guitars in lower tunings. I think it just sounds nice in general.

And although I'm sure the clean channel is glorious, I'm already super happy with USA Clean.

Rex

Legend!
Pull Presence is more interesting. The manual basically says having it pushed in makes it operate at a lower frequency than having it pulled (pulled being the traditional Boogie frequency). With the number of EQ options that we have with the Axe-FX, I think having the Presence knob pulled for all of these four hypothetical channels would be fine. (Unless there are opinions to the contrary.)
That's Presence Shift. We've had that for a year and a half. :)

Hyper Planet

Power User
In regards to how many models we would need to do the JP-2C justice, I think we could get by with four: Rhythm, Rhythm with Shred engaged, Lead, and Lead with Shred engaged.

After reading the manual, Pull Gain only adds a little more gain so I think it would be pointless to model that.

Shred mode definitely makes a big difference though. IIRC from the demos, it also helps a ton with guitars in lower tunings. I think it just sounds nice in general.

And although I'm sure the clean channel is glorious, I'm already super happy with USA Clean.

That would be great to have those channels with shred mode engaged, but I think the most important reason for having this amp in the Axe-Fx is that the tone character and the feel of this amp isn’t something achievable with existence boogie amps in the Axe-Fx like I said in my first post I experimented with all boogies even HBE which is kinda close to boogies, I made many many clips which all sounds is great based on people comments I also experimented Cliff’s IIC+ recepie worked a lot with negative feedback and pre amp bias parameters, Tone Match some of John JP-2C but at the end of the day I realized this amp should be model, there’s some huge differences in preamp and power amp than to our existence boogies in the Axe-Fx

In one hand; I also never seen a sound clip by the people who believe we can achieve JP-2C tone with the existence boogies, on the other hand if we want to create each amp tone with the same amp in the box I think we just need maximum 10 amps for achieving the other amp that we’re looking for in the Axe-Fx so I’m not agree with this idea that we can achieve this amp with that amp or using this boogie for achieving that boogie

Up to now, based on voting over %90 of the forum guys want to have this amp in the box I hope/wish finally we could have this great amp

Last edited:

Hyper Planet

Power User
That's Presence Shift. We've had that for a year and a half. :)
We’ve just have it on Mark IV not in Mark IIC+ because we haven’t it in real old IIC+ amps, also I believe Presence Shift functionality on JP-2C is a lot different than to Mark IV Presence Shift in the Axe-Fx check the official JP-2C video by John on Mesa YT channel!.

Hyper Planet

Power User
Here’s another clip of my efforts in order to achieving JP-2C tone with Petrucci’s factory cab at the end of the day I’d love to have this amp in the Axe-Fx because it shaped with Petrucci’s favorite MARK IIC+ tone which is not available/achievable with the existence IIC+ amps in the box

Is there anybody who can lend his JP-2C head to Cliff???, please

Last edited:

Hyper Planet

Power User
Hi,
Here my JP2C compared to Axe USAIIC++. Enjoy!

http://www.sinmix.pl/2018/03/20/real-boogie-jp-2c-vs-usa-2c-fractal-axe-fxii/

Stay Metal!
Cool!, JP-2C on the Axe-Fx has some extra hair frequency, also like less gain and warmer that to the original JP-2C head

I’m really happy the majority of forum guys are still voting and want to have this amp in the box, As you can see I did more than 10 clips and spend many many hours in order to achieving JP-2C tone with the existence IIC+ head specially with IIC++ amp sim but at the end of the day I realized there’s some fundamental differences between the character of JP-2C head and our IIC+ amp sims
Which needs to be model from the real head

Not to say I’ve worked a lot with Cliff’s IIC+ Settings, his idea with FAT switch engaged, negative feedback and pre am bias parameters and putting GEQ or PEQ before the amp at the end of the day I realized it would be GREAT to have this amp in the Axe-Fx

Thanks so much for sharing it dude!.

Last edited:

Genome

Inspired
FYI... we don't really need a JP2C model.

Just select the IIC+ Brt/Deep model, engage Fat and Bright switches, lower the Triode 1 Plate Freq to 1350hz.

Then you have a JP2C :D

Hyper Planet

Power User
FYI... we don't really need a JP2C model.

Just select the IIC+ Brt/Deep model, engage Fat and Bright switches, lower the Triode 1 Plate Freq to 1350hz.

Then you have a JP2C :D
Thanks for your replying, sound like you didn’t listen to my sound clips, thread, comments, btw I’d be happy to have your achievements, send a clip of your own here

Thanks in advance!

Genome

Inspired
Thanks for your replying, sound like you didn’t listen to my sound clips, thread, comments, btw I’d be happy to have your achievements, send a clip of your own here

Thanks in advance!
Not yet, but that's how the JP2C is hardwired/configured. A JP2C is exactly the same as a non Simul-Class IIC+, but hardwired with Volume 1 Pull Bright, Treble Shift, Pull Deep and Lead Master Pull Bright on.

The difference you're hearing may be in the taper of the pots, or the newer power tubes (as the original have been discontinued)

Hyper Planet

Power User
Not yet, but that's how the JP2C is hardwired/configured. A JP2C is exactly the same as a non Simul-Class IIC+, but hardwired with Volume 1 Pull Bright, Treble Shift, Pull Deep and Lead Master Pull Bright on.

The difference you're hearing may be in the taper of the pots, or the newer power tubes (as the original have been discontinued)
As you may be know I'm a mesa guy and completely know this amp, I experimented whatever you can imagine with the existence IIC+ amp sims in order to achieve the exact JP-2C tone and I've achieved some great results but not perfect, there's some fundamental differences between JP-2C and IIC+ amps in the box if you spend time and go deep into this story then realize better what I mean, not to say you cant get JP-2C tone with the words and some setting in your mind if you believe we can get it so easy Ok that's awesome post a sound clip here, otherwise please cast your ''No'' vote for wishing this amp on the top of this thread.

ALL IIC+ models except IIC++ is based on a Mark IIC+ 100W Simulclass w/ reverb, check out the link below

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/look-what-arrived-today.98667/

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom