MESA/Boogie CabClone Official Demo!!!

I think that its cabinet simulators will be very good to record through it. Hope I'm right :)

Good thing this unit can be used with the Axe FX !!!!!, use your real amp with this unit and use the Axe FX as a UltraRes IR loader for recording!!! Perfect!

Yup I used to run the PGA-04's unfiltered output straight in to my DAW and then apply cab IRs with Space Designer. Gets complicated fast. I like to keep it all in the magic black box.

Hmm. Is it a reactive load, such as the torpedo products?

Don't know.

Im really considering this unit because of its form factor...i would live to have the Torpedo LIVE, but it is a rack size unit and having small pedal size boxes is just better for me and since i already have the TCAB i don't want to sell it.

In reality i don't need to have this Mesa unit, TCAB really resolves all that is related to power amp simulation in a great way IMO, but i still have that feeling that my amp will sound just a bit better if i have it in a load box with it own power section.

I was advised by Mesa that since this is a load box it is not intended for us to use the full power of the amp meaning not expecting full power amp distortion section..that is for Attenuators.

No way!!!!! So I can finally have a Mesa head without getting kicked out of the building? :shock
Hurry up and take my money!!!!

Now we have some insight into one of the 6 unannounced new products on the way. Brilliant!

Cliff will corner the market; at least the high end side of it, of course. Or more accurately, create the new higher-end market.

With a load box with line out you could implement the AxeFx cab IR block and have any speaker sound you want, not just Mesa's choices (which IMHO sound like arse). Perhaps this is what Cliff is alluding to, a Fractal Active load box with Cab IR blocks (and effects) for direct recording of amplifiers ;)

BTW to answer a previous question about fixed impedance, if I had to guess it would take too much room to put three different high wattage resistors ( the gold thing in the video internals shot), plus it would increase the cost significantly( probably double ).

Last edited:

Nice axe!
thumbsup.gif

I'd like to see a Fractal product that is a load box (reactive dummy load) with an attenuator variable from zero attenuation to full attenuation going to a speaker output for use with a standard cab, and a direct line output using IRs (both factory and custom) for use with a direct feed. The ultimate power soak / cab sim.

Back
Top Bottom