Mesa Boogie 4x12 OS UR Mixes

These are a couple different blends of the God's Cab impulses. I haven't seen many Mesa Boogie impulses here lately that were more than just a simple sm57 on the cab, so this will hopefully fill the gap until someone makes something a little more thorough. Both impulses are a blend of an SM57, an MD421, and a C414. None of them have the TS added, because it...just...no.

View attachment God's Cab Romantic Mix 3.syxView attachment God's Cab Romantic Mix 1.syx

These are a couple different blends of the God's Cab impulses. I haven't seen many Mesa Boogie impulses here lately that were more than just a simple sm57 on the cab, so this will hopefully fill the gap until someone makes something a little more thorough. Both impulses are a blend of an SM57, an MD421, and a C414. None of them have the TS added, because it...just...no.

View attachment 20817View attachment 20816

It was really good in my ear... can you do it with SM57 and e609 also?

Last edited:
Unfortunately the God's Cab stuff didn't include an e609. HOWEVER: Crunchybob posted some Mesa Boogie C90 impulses on Axe Change a while back that were pretty killer, there were some SM57's and e609's in there that might help you. They're not Ultra-rez, but still pretty good.

Unfortunately the God's Cab stuff didn't include an e609. HOWEVER: Crunchybob posted some Mesa Boogie C90 impulses on Axe Change a while back that were pretty killer, there were some SM57's and e609's in there that might help you. They're not Ultra-rez, but still pretty good.

Thank you I downloaded all of them and will check it, but most of them are 1x12 and a few was 2x12

Petrucci uses a 1x12 Mesa Boogie MKIIC+ for most of his guitar solos on his records, you know... The MKV was available as a 1x12 combo too. So if you were going for realism, I guess it's still there. There's still nothing like a 4x12, though. A 1x12 will sound bigger, while a 4x12 will have a richer texture, generally speaking.

Thanks for the compliment. I have started redoing UR's of my speakers but have not gotten very far, yet. Trying some new things this time, like doing them a bit louder than before to get the cone moving. Using Cab-Lab makes the process much faster... (For those of you thinking about trying the process - the more, the merrier!)

I'll put the C90s back in the Thiele next...

Petrucci uses a 1x12 Mesa Boogie MKIIC+ for most of his guitar solos on his records, you know... The MKV was available as a 1x12 combo too. So if you were going for realism, I guess it's still there. There's still nothing like a 4x12, though. A 1x12 will sound bigger, while a 4x12 will have a richer texture, generally speaking.

I use 1x12 for my one note solos, some clean arpeggios, but at this point I'm looking for a mesa 4x12 with SM57 and e609 by him.
I hope he do it soon ;),

Thank you! :).

Back
Top Bottom