Merging presets?

komrad20

Inspired
Im sure this is a silly question, but was wondering if there is a way to export 2 totally different presets, and combine them together to make one new preset? was just thinking of using the stock presets of Stratosphere, and Black Hole. Wanted to know if it was possible?
Thanks.

how would it determine where to put blocks?
This.

You can export blocks and use them to build a new preset. But to merge a preset, the software would have to guess at hundreds of choices for selection, placement and effect chain. The software's good, but it can't read your mind yet. :)

You could do it manually (CPU permitting of coarse) Make backups if haven't already. Delete any blocks not needed first then copy and paste the blocks from one preset to the other. If I get board this weekend maybe I give it a try?

Well you could split signal to 2 axe fx units and run them both at the same time.

Last edited:
OK, komrad20.......here you go. I Mixed the two using the copy/paste function in Axe-Edit. To save on CPU the two signal paths share the Reverb block from the 'Black Hole' preset (still on the 'High' quality setting). Added a 'Stereo Ultra-Res' cab panned so that each amp uses the same IR as the original presets. The two 'Volume' blocks as there to only allow the correct amp/cab signal to enter the proper path by panning the amps hard left and right respectively and setting the 'Volume' blocks input select parameters to left and right respectively. I kept the 'Compressor' block at the end from the 'Stratosphere' preset because it helped that sound and didn't hurt the 'Black Hole' sound...........................

Scene #1....The 'Stratosphere' preset.
Scene #2....The 'Black Hole' preset.
Scene #3....BOTH........

Now here's the cool part...:cool:.....You can switch back and forth between Scene #1 and #2 with no gap, which is IMHO way more useful than just having both sounds always on.

And if you're not into scenes', you could just copy scene #3 to scene #1 and attach an expression pedal to the 'Cab' block 'Balance' parameter and 'Morph' between the two?

BTW.....AxeFx ll, mark 1 preset.

Attachments

• Moke's StratoHole.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom