Merging a click track count in with currently recording track - Logic X

mwd

Power User
Does anyone have any routing or any hardware ideas to accomplish this.

Using Logic X and Apollo Firewire Console Software.

I have a MIDI click track on track 1 that counts off the song.

I am recording from Fractal pre-amp via S/PDIF on other tracks and using 2 mic's (two tracks) for acoustic recording.

I would like to merge the MIDI click into every track I record so I can get a clear cut transient visual that the track I recorded lines up perfectly with the original, and previous, tracks.

Aside from that does anyone know any method to know exactly how far a just recorded track has been delayed from previous tracks or another way to embed a code in each track your record for positive alignment?

not sure how to grab the audio of the click - I guess it would be some routing in Login or the interface. So you want to know what the latency delay is I guess ... Could you play the click back through the AXE as it re-amping it ? Alternatively, I have tapped out 2 - 4 bars on my strings to give my something to go by. It's not perfect but might help

I think that it probably should be called track delay vs latency. I also think it's a Logic vs Yosemite issue that probably started somewhere in the Lion series of OS X. Sometimes my recorded track is off and I mean a lot. Sometimes it's not and that is with no interaction with me.

I have it in my head that since my first track includes an accurate MIDI count in that I could 'mix' or 'merge' that track with each track I record. Then because there would be hard, short transients the tracks could easily be aligned regardless of what the track delay is.

After a quick look I cannot find it however, it is pretty quick to insert a 1 bar midi section and add 4 hi-hats with the first one being an open hi-hat. After you've done that, you can right-click on the midi region and select "Export as Audio File" and you now have a 1 bar Audio click at the same speed as your song. From there, you can just copy and paste it whereever you want. This is still not quite the same as generating a sound with a hard transient that makes it easy to line up and having it mixed in with you recording. Short of my original suggestion of getting some type of click on your guitar track, I can't think of any other way of doing this.

Back
Top Bottom