Mentally callenged, forgetful, old - or all THREE! Loading IR's

plyall

Power User
Folks -

I am the lucky recipient of Fremen's patches and banks, as well as his IR's. I have purchased IR's in the past (and apparently will be doing so again to match up with these presets), but for the life of me, I have forgotten how to load them into the Axe-FX II. I have some in user IR's there already, which means I _used_ to know ;^{

I did try a straight SYSEX dump to the Axe of an IR, but it doesn't seem to have picked it up.

Would someone please provide a refresh?

Thanks!

Pete

P.S. And for the moment, Axe Edit seems to be operating correctly. I'm running 8.01a firmware under Max OSX Lion 10.7.5, and Axe Edit 1.0.317.

Axe Manage

User Cabs

Pick slot

Right click and choose import cab

Pick IR you want to put in slot

Right click loaded slot

Send to Axe Fx "selected cabs"

Luke -

Thanks so much! Off to try that now, as my attempts at straight SYSEX dumps into user cab slots was very spotty - a few worked; the rest were a no-show in the Axe.

Amazing! Plus, I got the chance to subscribe to your channel. Outstanding stuff - really. I wonder - what do you do with the other spare 15 minutes of your day? Kidding aside, is that a Tascam interface, or are you using a Pro Tools interface/console?

Pete

Amazing! Plus, I got the chance to subscribe to your channel. Outstanding stuff - really. I wonder - what do you do with the other spare 15 minutes of your day? Kidding aside, is that a Tascam interface, or are you using a Pro Tools interface/console?

Pete

It's a Tascam FW1884. I've had it since they hit the market, it's a great piece of gear and functions well with Nuendo :)

OT to be sure, but I thought that all of the serious Mac musicians were either using Logic or Pro Tools. I used to use Cubase, but reverted to a native Apple solution to gain guaranteed integration. I know that the MOTU solution Performer is reviled, as is Ableton, but as a group I think many gravitate towards Pro Tools (I use Logic for the aforementioned reason). All of that said, Apple Logic under Mountain Lion has been an embarrassment - 10.8 was freaking awful, 10.8.1 was marginally better, and 10.8.2 remains to be judged. All in all, Apple did a piss poor job of testing an Apple Pro application before releasing ML.

Maybe I should revert to Cubase/Nuendo? :?

Pete

Back
Top Bottom