Mens 50+ Multivitamin

scottp

Fractal Fanatic
Hey guys,
Is there a multivitamin you take that you would recommend?
Not looking for an old time generic one a day that someone's grandpa use to take back in the day.
Thanks.

Hey guys,
Is there a multivitamin you take that you would recommend?
Not looking for an old time generic one a day that someone's grandpa use to take back in the day.
Thanks.
I experienced the 72nd melon ripening!
JutaVit MULTIVITAMIN immuner SENIOR 50+
JutaVit Multivitamin Immune Senior over 50 is a complex product that contains a number of minerals, trace elements, lycopene, lutein and Ginkgo Biloba extracts in addition to vitamins. Vitamin C helps reduce fatigue and fatigue and enhances iron absorption. Vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D3, zinc, folic acid, copper, selenium contribute to the normal functioning of the immune system. Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal mental function as well as the normal condition of the skin, nails and hair. Magnesium contributes to normal muscle function and the proper functioning of the nervous system.

B vitamins are involved in normal energy-producing metabolic processes and contribute to the normal functioning of the nervous system. Folic acid contributes to normal blood formation.

Vitamins are the same thing they were since before humankind discovered them. Old-time generic vitamins are as good as anything. If you just don't want to go that route, pick the one whose marketing hype sounds the best. The results will be the same. :)

My last doctor told me not to take them because it was hard on the kidneys, and if you eat decently, you don't need them. Current doctor says can't hurt, but that it's my money. An article I read from Johns Hopkins basically said the same thing, they they don't really improve anything. Short summary: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea.../is-there-really-any-benefit-to-multivitamins

I don't know. I've taken them at times, and not at times, and never really felt any differently.

Last edited:
56 here. Tried many multivitamins and a couple of the advertised supplements over the past few years. Have settled on Solaray Once Daily High Energy multivitamin, 1000mg Turmeric and Nature Valley Ginseng Complex every morning does the trick for me. Noticed an increase in energy and motivation and less joint discomfort.

My last doctor told me not to talk them because it was hard on the kidneys, and if you eat decently, you don't need them. Current doctor says can't hurt, but that it's my money. An article I read from Johns Hopkins basically said the same thing, they they don't really improve anything. Short summary: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea.../is-there-really-any-benefit-to-multivitamins

I don't know. I've taken them at times, and not at times, and never really felt any differently.
This has been my experience too. There's surprisingly little verifiable evidence and peer reviewed studies to show that they actually do any good and in high doses some can even be toxic. Some can also cause interactions with other medications you may be taking as well, so definitely consult your doctor. The industry is devoid of regulation so there's practically no pressure to back up any claims with verifiable evidence. Any doctor I've ever asked about it has basically told me that my time, money, and energy would be better spent on improving my diet, exercise, and sleep habits.

This on the label pretty much sums it up for me:
FDA1.png

YMMV

My last doctor told me not to take them because it was hard on the kidneys, and if you eat decently, you don't need them. Current doctor says can't hurt, but that it's my money. An article I read from Johns Hopkins basically said the same thing, they they don't really improve anything. Short summary: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea.../is-there-really-any-benefit-to-multivitamins

I usually find that B-Complex vitamins are helpful in handling the daily stress factors. It's one vitamin that helps me cope; I work in a retail health-related store that provides medications (both prescription and over-the-counter) to customers.

The only problem is, while I can share the benefit of my experience, I'm not allowed to suggest what might be appropriate for the individual, because each person's health history and background varies, and it might prove counter-effective (or even hazardous) to suggest one product for any one person.

It would like asking me which cough medicine is the best. Can't suggest anything, because your health history is between you and your doctor or pharmacist. Yup. Vitamins included.

Need to know which vitamin would be best for you? Ask your pharmacist during the latter part of the day when business has slowed down a little. If they can find the time to step away from their workstation, your pharmacist is the best person to ask.

Eat a balanced diet and you do not need any vitamins. Some claim you just pee them.
I tried the hyped fruit and vegetables ones for 3 months then I took my yearly physical with full blood panel and there was no noticeable difference from the prior years.

Some kind of Vitamin D supplementation is essential---especially so for anyone
living in the dark northern climes during winter. We just don't get enough Sun.

Magnesium and Zinc are great, too, during the evening about an hour or so before bed.
They can help boost T-levels and HGH levels during sleep.

My 96yo grandfather told me, the secret to a long life is;

Drink lots of clean water
Eat plenty of fresh fruit & Vegetables
Plenty of daily exercise ( getting the heartbeat rate up )
Regular sleep pattern
Healthy relationships (inside and outside the home including sex life)
Maintaining a positive attitude and managing stress levels (mental well being)
Participating in activities which reinforce ones passion (hobbies)
Include a pet in your life
Work hard before retirement, work some after it.

That's from a guy who lived through the great depression and two world wars.

Supplements... forgeddaboutit. :)

Regular sleep pattern

it's not rocket science!

Regular sleep pattern

Quite true, but of course there's genetics and a crap ton of luck too.

No it's not rocket science, but it's amazing how many of us stray from that path.

As John Lennon said, Life is what happens when we're busy making other plans.

Back
Top Bottom