hansenolsen

Hi,

Years of lurking, but not really too big on posting here.

My band Vicinity, playing melodic progressive metal, just released our second album, Recurrence, yesterday.

All the guitars are Axe-Fx II, with cab pack 13, and the album was mixed by Christer Andre Cederberg (Anathema & Circus Maximus) and mastered by Jens Bogren. You can find the album on all digital channels like Spotify and Tidal, as well as physically.

We also have a video out promoting the album, so feel free to check it out☺

Last edited:
very cool. I had a quick listen. love the drummer and his set. Id call it a bitmore prog rock, then metal. Singer has to get a bit more angry for metal ;) Reminds me quite a bit of Enchant. Ive been a prog metal fan since the origins.

I guess we live somewhere in the crossing point between prog rock and metal. If you listen to the complete album that will be more evident, but most reviewers have called us prog metal, so we've kind of made our peace with that label :) But I do absolutely see your point, he was a bit more angry in the earlier days of our career, but he is much more comfortable with his current style.

Thanks for giving it a listen!

Last edited:
What started here with a "lets see (hear) what this is", ended up as me having bought both of your albums and listening to them almost none stop for the whole weekend :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom