MeloAudio Midi Commander

I had one for a short time, then sent it back. Worked decent but some of the buttons were randomly become unresponsive.

DO NOT BUY any meloaudio controller if you want control scenes selection on AXE FXIII
with the "newest scene mode" firmware flashed (from here) you can get scenes 1-7 and the last switch is CC14 (tap tempo by default)
i usually make use of all 8 scenes in my main kitchen sink preset but with little expression pedal assignment for switching i made do with 7. it's not bad when compared to the alternative for me which was lugging another bag with the fcb1010 around

Except the FCB1010 all low cost solutions that came out over the last 5 years do have functionnal or technical flaws, so I definitely quit and got me a Voes controller and will sell this and my Gordius LG2 only at musical retirement..

Except the FCB1010 all low cost solutions that came out over the last 5 years do have functionnal or technical flaws, so I definitely quit and got me a Voes controller and will sell this and my Gordius LG2 only at musical retirement..
i agree. the fcb is 20 years old and still one of the best midi controllers out there definitely the best when it comes to features/price ratio. why can't these companies copy the formula and just add a usb port and an editor?

i agree. the fcb is 20 years old and still one of the best midi controllers out there definitely the best when it comes to features/price ratio. why can't these companies copy the formula and just add a usb port and an editor?
And.. :
Kick off these 2 expression pedals with optocouplers you need to clean twice a year, so that you can use your own exp pedals
Use normal buttons like all controllers and
Make it not exceed a 40cm length...
The unit is great functionnally but has the ergonomics of dinosaur era

hope somebody makes something like that. especially by utilizing a raspberry pi you can do anything you like as far as midi goes. the rest is just a housing and soft click switches. nobody needs anything more.

I would have gotten one, but its just too big, and the Morningstar is just too expensive even though its small. That's why I went with this thing. Pretty happy with it so far. I got a Key West trip full of gigs next week, so I'll have plenty of time for field trials.

I'll report back if there's any huge issues.

I have used many midi controllers. The only thing I would consider best about the FCB1010 is maybe by cost.

It's hard to program and not very flexible... Unless you use a replacement ROM like the UnO. Which, by the way, was created by Xavier who later created the Gordius "brain" to extend it, and then the Little Giant. And that, IMO, is one of the best midi controllers ever.

I have used many midi controllers. The only thing I would consider best about the FCB1010 is maybe by cost.

It's hard to program and not very flexible... Unless you use a replacement ROM like the UnO. Which, by the way, was created by Xavier who later created the Gordius "brain" to extend it, and then the Little Giant. And that, IMO, is one of the best midi controllers ever.
the fcb as a device is very flexible and easy to use. the switches are reasonably good quality (i have had mine for many years with absolutely no problem apart from the occasional need for expression calibration). its only problem is the difficulty to program. if it had a usb port and an editor where you could program every single switch on every single bank on it it would stomp out any competition with it being so cheap.
sure you can go more expensive and "higher quality" but would you get more features? and is it more worth it given that you can get two fcb's for less money and keep one as backup?

Those two statements disagree...
i mean once you have it set up the way you need it it offers a lot of switches and it doesnt have limitations like the meloaudio does in the cc values for example. the uno chip does help but an editor with usb and a simple interface would make a unit like that unbeatable imo

i mean once you have it set up the way you need it it offers a lot of switches and it doesnt have limitations like the meloaudio does in the cc values for example. the uno chip does help but an editor with usb and a simple interface would make a unit like that unbeatable imo
Yes... Kind of what I was saying: compared to other "cheap" controllers it's great.

Compared to many controllers, it's not. In my opinion, of course.

I also like the fact that it uses a standard power cord.

with the "newest scene mode" firmware flashed (from here) you can get scenes 1-7 and the last switch is CC14 (tap tempo by default)
i usually make use of all 8 scenes in my main kitchen sink preset but with little expression pedal assignment for switching i made do with 7. it's not bad when compared to the alternative for me which was lugging another bag with the fcb1010 around
Hey man I clicked the link and it lead to a 404 error. Do you happen to have the link for the firmware update? Also I can get it into the axe fx mode, and switch presets abcd, but I would like to use the top buttons to trigger individual pedals within my effects chain. Is that something relatively easy? Thanks

Hey man I clicked the link and it lead to a 404 error. Do you happen to have the link for the firmware update? Also I can get it into the axe fx mode, and switch presets abcd, but I would like to use the top buttons to trigger individual pedals within my effects chain. Is that something relatively easy? Thanks
unfortunately i have sold mine some time ago and pulled the trigger on a fc6 so i dont have any of the files. the company has abandoned that midi controller and the new owners of it a.k.a harley benton have made no effort to support it or even put meloaudio's files/software somewhere in their website. it's a shame cause it was a neat little controller that could go some way with a decent company supporting it. maybe try a facebook group of its users and you might find something

Back
Top Bottom