MeloAudio Midi Commander

It's almost a really good solution for the Axe, but until they update the CC messaging capability you can't select a specific scene. Closest it can do is scene toggle.

EDIT - however PC mapping should work. Will have to try!

Leon, can I use the up & down button for toggle the preset ? ( single to single, not group of 4 preset )

Anyone know where this got to? Seems like a pretty affordable pedal if it can be made to work well with the Axe III.

Using PC mapping let's you select scenes in the Axe-Fx so that's pretty cool. @Giulio Scarpellini I'll have to check that type of functionality.
So bottom line, is this now a viable controller for the AXE III? Can you select individual
scenes and presets, IA switches etc if using mapping on the AXE etc? Are there any major shortcomings with this controller?

Thanks @2112!

So bottom line, is this now a viable controller for the AXE III? Can you select individual
scenes and presets, IA switches etc if using mapping on the AXE etc? Are there any major shortcomings with this controller?

Thanks @2112!
Are you familiar with preset mapping? It has limitations...

Assuming you want access to all 8 scenes of your presets, you'll be able to map 16 specific presets to preset+scene combinations on the Axe Fx.

Basically you configure the Axe Fx something like this:

When I receive incoming PC 1, select preset 1 scene 1
When I receive incoming PC 2, select preset 1 scene 2
When I receive incoming PC 3, select preset 1 scene 3
When I receive incoming PC 8, select preset 1 scene 8
When I receive incoming PC 9, select preset 2 scene 1
When I receive incoming PC 10, select preset 2 scene 2
etc

There are 128 PCs that can be mapped.

For some this might be viable... Not so much for others.

Assuming you want access to all 8 scenes of your presets, you'll be able to map 16 specific presets to preset+scene combinations on the Axe Fx.

etc

Thanks for the clear response. I totally understand now. Would probably work for me, but what a shame they don’t update the firmware to not need this workaround. It would be a great controller for the AXE III for the price if they fixed this!

etc

Would changing scenes in this way increase switching time? That is, would the Axe III reload the preset again before switching to the newly selected scene or does the Axe realise it is already on the right preset and just do a scene change?

PC Mapping does not increase switching time or cause any hiccups. It's an excellent system!

Would changing scenes in this way increase switching time? That is, would the Axe III reload the preset again before switching to the newly selected scene or does the Axe realise it is already on the right preset and just do a scene change?
It requires setting the Ignore Redundant PC option to ON.

Otherwise it would reload the preset on each scene change.

I’m looking for a low cost solution and ran across this but I’d like to have something that isn’t complex as in I don’t want to program anything if it’s not I’m relatively idiot proof I have a bit more to spend like 250$

hoping there is something like this with better axe support or something like drop down ezmode programming like Morningstar mc-6.
Not using it for gigging just easier recording flow than stopping playing and click a mouse

I don’t have an axe 3 I have a 2xl

I’d like to select scenes ideally without programming like I said This would be better than clicking though for sure

I’m looking for a low cost solution and ran across this but I’d like to have something that isn’t complex as in I don’t want to program anything if it’s not I’m relatively idiot proof I have a bit more to spend like 250$

hoping there is something like this with better axe support or something like drop down ezmode programming like Morningstar mc-6.
Not using it for gigging just easier recording flow than stopping playing and click a mouse

I’d like to select scenes ideally without programming like I said This would be better than clicking though for sure
Anything you get in the price range you listed is going to require programming midi...

Maybe something like the Voes M5jr... I think @voes might even pre-program it for you.

Anything you get in the price range you listed is going to require programming midi...

Maybe something like the Voes M5jr... I think @voes might even pre-program it for you.

The MC-5jr and MX-6 will do the job. They will be pre programmed any way you want before shipping, so it's just plug and play.

mccommands-04.jpg

mx6-03b.jpg
More info on www.voes.be

@Exitetard
I posted this in another thread but might be useful here too, this was tested on my FM3 but same would apply for axe fx 2/3

EF88CA14-C61B-46C0-AD18-E039B9394626.jpeg

Scene and preset control working with Midi Commander after firmware update from MeloAudios website.

Scenes 1-7 selectable and the D button is set to increase scene selection by 1. Firmware on MC spits out CC14 for switch D, which you can assign to whatever you like in the FM3 setup->MIDI/Remote menu.

EXP 1 (CC10) and EXP2 (CC16) working as well.

I just purchase the Midi Commander and installed the "Scene Mode For Axe Fx 3"
I then turn it off and on but it's not doing any scene changes.
Is there anything else I need to do to it? It's already it AxeFx Mode.
I want buttons A,B,C and D to do scenes 1,2,3 and 4
The Up and Down buttons to do Preset up and down and the top buttons to turn effects on and off.
I though installing the "Scene Mode For Axe Fx 3" firmware would make it do that after installing it.
Any advise?
I'm using an FM3 btw.

It is a cool little controller, i did contact the company regarding the CC command in a update. I just got the usual 'i'll ask our engineer', still nothing back after that!
I've managed for get a lot of control from it except controlling the 2 far right switches (the preset Up and Down) ... I can't find the CC's or how to modify them switches

I had the same experience with the two right switches. That's why I returned it. Why have an 8-button footswitch when you can only set up six for the functionality you want?

Back
Top Bottom