Melaudio Midi Commander vs Harley Benton MP100

lauke-lux

Fractal Fanatic
These controllers are identical and coming from the same factory if my info is right.
Has anybody tried to load the Melaudio Patches into a HB MP100 controller ?
It appears there now is a scene mode patch which makes it an almost ideal extension for FM3 : https://meloaudio.com/pages/manual

Go for a Voes. Fractal compatible and affordable.
It's what I preferred far above all but it unfortunately does not fit the pedalboard I intend to make and without changing exp pedal (FV500H) Actually I consider stepping back to one expression pedal instead of 2, to fm3 via cheap converter to midi in and 2x2 switches on exp1 and exp2 of FM3. All would fit on a 32Deep x 43Large board. For under 100 euro it's done and still enters in a weekend bag. Yes, it's way less professional, but my needs are changing too.
The Anatek pocket could do the conversion job but I'll have to see how to power supply it as itnisnpassive and I guess the fm3 midi in is also passive. Maybe I could supply the midi-loop through the midisport 2x2 I use for daw midi connection, with a usb power supply. All that would have to go under the board, or I'd have to make it 10cm longer...
Too much work these days to really take care of all this stuff..I'll see how things arrive.

It's what I preferred far above all but it unfortunately does not fit the pedalboard I intend to make and without changing exp pedal (FV500H) Actually I consider stepping back to one expression pedal instead of 2, to fm3 via cheap converter to midi in and 2x2 switches on exp1 and exp2 of FM3. All would fit on a 32Deep x 43Large board. For under 100 euro it's done and still enters in a weekend bag. Yes, it's way less professional, but my needs are changing too.
The Anatek pocket could do the conversion job but I'll have to see how to power supply it as itnisnpassive and I guess the fm3 midi in is also passive. Maybe I could supply the midi-loop through the midisport 2x2 I use for daw midi connection, with a usb power supply. All that would have to go under the board, or I'd have to make it 10cm longer...
Too much work these days to really take care of all this stuff..I'll see how things arrive.

Good luck with that. I have just received word that my axe 3 is coming in 2 weeks. Justspent an hour with a blank sheet and some dots figuring out how I am going to program the voes mx 18 and measuring my pedalboard. It will be close...

Good luck with that. I have just received word that my axe 3 is coming in 2 weeks. Justspent an hour with a blank sheet and some dots figuring out how I am going to program the voes mx 18 and measuring my pedalboard. It will be close...
For my Axe Fx2 I use a gordius LG2, I also had one of the first Voes MC12 for a while; both are fine controllers that easily do the job. The Gordius is totally crazy regarding it's abilities and can handle timed sequences which is really fantastic; you can do a lot of things without a DAW, but the parametering is a lot of work even with the editor and it is really heavy. Today a Voes would largely be enough for me, 2kg less also, but I sold it. The page option on the Voes is great, I used it for the looper and tuner etc. Scenes and preset up/down on main page. They've gone a long way since 2017 btw.

Back
Top Bottom