Megadeth's use of the Axe

firmani99

Inspired
So I went and saw Megadeth in Philly last night and their guitar tone was incredible. It sounded great and cut so well.

A few years ago I saw that they were using Axe Fx through a Marshall power amp and Dave Mustaine's Sig Marshall cab but that was a while ago. They have since changed lead guitarists and I'm willing to bet that they now go direct. Has anyone on here heard how they use them? What amp and cab models? It would be interesting if they did an updated rig rundown.

So I went and saw Megadeth in Philly last night and their guitar tone was incredible. It sounded great and cut so well.

A few years ago I saw that they were using Axe Fx through a Marshall power amp and Dave Mustaine's Sig Marshall cab but that was a while ago. They have since changed lead guitarists and I'm willing to bet that they now go direct. Has anyone on here heard how they use them? What amp and cab models? It would be interesting if they did an updated rig rundown.

Chris Broderick used an Engl amp model off the Axe Fx as well as a Marshall EL34 100/100 Power Amp while in Megadeth.

Chris Broderick used an Engl amp model off the Axe Fx as well as a Marshall EL34 100/100 Power Amp while in Megadeth.
Yeah I saw that from a few years ago. I'm wondering if they still run it through the cabs and power amp or if they go direct. I have heard that Chris was who turned Dave on to the Axe Fx so now that he is gone, I wonder if they are using it any differently. Especially with quantum, I would think going direct would give them the best tone.

They still have the matrix power amps and Dave still has the Marshall's

I do wonder if they split and go direct also, just use the cab for some stage volume and feedback

Looks like those Marshalls are off. I wonder if they haven't turned them on yet or they just haven't been removed from the rack yet.

They're using split presets: direct to front of house, with amps on stage. The FOH presets were a collaborative effort over the years. The band's techs work on them, the band works on them, Dan Spitz has worked on them, and some of us at Fractal have worked on them.

They're using split presets: direct to front of house, with amps on stage. The FOH presets were a collaborative effort over the years. The band's techs work on them, the band works on them, Dan Spitz has worked on them, and some of us at Fractal have worked on them.

Wow that's cool!! Thanks for chiming in!

Is it also true, sir, that Dystopia is all Fractal? I read elsewhere that Mustaine finally gave up using the JVM410 and Randy Rhoads heads in the studio for this past album.

I posted a video on this forum a while back showing Megadeth in the studio recording the new album and you could see two Fractal units in the background. There were also numerous types of tube amp heads as well. I hope it was all AXE FX

Is it also true, sir, that Dystopia is all Fractal? I read elsewhere that Mustaine finally gave up using the JVM410 and Randy Rhoads heads in the studio for this past album.
That would be interesting to know! The guitars on Dystopia sound great as well!

Back
Top Bottom