Megadeth's Dave Mustaine officially joins the ranks of guitarists using the Axe-Fx II

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
It's been a long time coming, Dave. We're glad to have you join us!

"With the Fractal Axe-Fx II, you can literally do anything. For me that means recreateing an intense history of crushing metal tones spanning three definitive decades, so that is saying a lot -- and beyond -- this is the new state-of-the-art." www.megadeth.com

I remember him doing a thing on youtube about the GSP1010 and just thinking to myself "man, he'd crap his pants with an AxeFX". He always seemed to me like he was one of those guys that wasn't afraid of technology nor obsessed with it. I'm pretty sure that he's going to dig the hell out of it.

Welcome Dave! Several great players joining in these last weeks. Good times for FAS!

Alrighteee ! That is indeed great news ! I'm probably going to enjoy Megadeth the 14th of june... I'll be curious to see if there will be a JVM or an Axe on stage ;)

MegaFX...

Nice. I had a feeling he would end up using one. Hard not to notice your lead guitarist rig is ten times smaller then yours.

...Also hard not to notice that his lead-guitarist (the amazing Chris Broderick) gets a great tone with it and is an incredibly intelligent and articulate guy (and player/musician.) I'm thinking that that one rainy day, Dave started asking Chris some very pointed questions about the Axe-FX, and Chris probably explained it and demonstrated it in a very impressive way - LOL!

Bill

so does he still use HIS OWN line of marshall amps and cabs?

AFAIK Broderick uses a power amp and cab, since we can reasonably think he showed the axe to dave it's likely he'll do the same. Not that uncommon, say Dave Murray is using a DSL head as a power amp for his JMP1.

Back
Top Bottom