Megadeth got to taste their own medicine last night...

With a 30 year history and 17 albums under their belt... someones listing :?. How do you even qualify that post?

Not to mention the countless "Top Worst Bands of All Time" they've made it on too, don't throw those numbers out. Although, I don't think one could even count it out there's so many...it's just endless. The world would have been a happier place if they didn't keep dishing out so many terrible albums.

Reading through some of the posts there is one thing I find that I completely agree with...that the promoters and festival organizers were absolutely at fault without question. Who in their right minds puts Megadeth as their headliner!?!? Amateur mistake for sure, and Finland should be ashamed for allowing the band in their country to begin with. No reason to muck up such a beautiful place with Dave Mustaine and his cronies.

After this event there as been a worldwide movement of blackballing the band, and a boycott against any future shows that involve them.

There's a number of songs from Megadeth where if played backwards you can hear Mustaine using the "N" word over and over.
Wow. "Played backwards?" That fallacy was laid to rest years ago with all the fuss over Beatles' songs played backwards.

1307920884001.jpg

Mgeadteh!

Wow. Just wow.

First of all, music is music, we all read the same notes or tabs, we all have to learn scales and modes (sometimes by osmosis LOL) ... we are supposed to be brothers. Rap, hip hop, metal, country ... they ALL suck! ahh ha ha ha !!!! :)

Seriously, be a pro about this ... if somebody needs you to play a song, you play it. No matter what style, no matter what you personally like. Making great music is not just about what YOU like. Great musicians play anything, they understand MUSIC as opposed to sucking into one style.

Not to mention the countless "Top Worst Bands of All Time" they've made it on too, don't throw those numbers out. Although, I don't think one could even count it out there's so many...it's just endless. The world would have been a happier place if they didn't keep dishing out so many terrible albums.

Well I will just leave this at Music is in the ear of the beholder. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder with Megadeth... I'm all good with that, maybe it's time for you to stroll on over to the Beiber forums and hang with the kiddies and leave the Axe FX and guitar players to are craft.

Reactions: BMH
Entertainers seem to forget, they are just that, entertainers...shut up and play. I don't want to hear your political views, your rants, or your whining...especially after spending $50-$100 for the show. Becoming popular doesn't somehow make you smart, articulate or politically savvy. Your job, that you are being paid for, by the fans, is to play the music. Sure funny banter here and there is part of the show but a political monologue or verbally bashing another band is uncalled for.

I read an interesting opinion about music--One has to have optimism and hope in order to write melody.

Try telling that to Nick Drake, or Leonard Cohen, or pretty much all blues players..ever. Some of the most beautiful music and songs in existence have nothing to do with hope and optimism.

Try telling that to Nick Drake, or Leonard Cohen, or pretty much all blues players..ever. Some of the most beautiful music and songs in existence have nothing to do with hope and optimism.

I see your point, but music for these people did add meaning to their lives. And these people did use melody. Love Nick Drake. I think when he sang those songs he did have hope. IMO.

Wouldn't that make any song with the word "raging" with a weak "g" at the end racist when played backwards?

...racist against the machine?

No, Mustaine is the fail for being such a racist. There's a number of songs from Megadeth where if played backwards you can hear Mustaine using the "N" word over and over.

Yeah... well I can scrabble your username into "Anal King for td". TD OBVIOUSLY means turd disturber! Who is this turd disturber that you have been buggering!

Entertainers seem to forget, they are just that, entertainers...shut up and play. I don't want to hear your political views, your rants, or your whining...especially after spending $50-$100 for the show. Becoming popular doesn't somehow make you smart, articulate or politically savvy. Your job, that you are being paid for, by the fans, is to play the music. Sure funny banter here and there is part of the show but a political monologue or verbally bashing another band is uncalled for.
Actually The problem is so many consumers believe that just because they bought a ticket, they are entitled to a personalized experience.

The reality is, the performer already got the gig and are going to perform their show regardless what a few entitled "me me's" think.

The real question is why do people that don't like something or someone attend their concert anyway and then turn to social media to complain? The answer... they are looking for attention... nothing more.

Reading through some of the posts there is one thing I find that I completely agree with...that the promoters and festival organizers were absolutely at fault without question. Who in their right minds puts Megadeth as their headliner!?!? Amateur mistake for sure, and Finland should be ashamed for allowing the band in their country to begin with. No reason to muck up such a beautiful place with Dave Mustaine and his cronies.

After this event there as been a worldwide movement of blackballing the band, and a boycott against any future shows that involve them.

HAHA, Dave stop punking yourself, we know its you.:lol

Megadeth makes Justin Bieber seem like a credible musician. Mgeadteh doesn't have a single hit worth mentioning, or giving a listen to. Bieber probably has a more mature and intelligent fan base as well I'm sure that are at least able to think for themselves, unlike any mgeadteh cber amri fan base.

Not to argue about personal feelings towards any type of music, but this made me think after coming to this thread how similar the two fan bases must be...ignore every single wrongdoing of an artist and fanboy the crap out of them. The world started with massive distaste for Bieber from his music, but the world now enjoys hating him due to his self-entitled attitude towards everyone and being one of the biggest prats around yet his fan base still adores him and doesn't consider anything he does as wrong. It's the EXACT same thing the fans of Megadeth are doing in this thread...the band isn't owed a single thing and if a festival promoter hires them to be the headliner they have no got dang right to go and request another artist doesn't play...that's the same exact bastardized self-entitled attitude as Justin Bieber and the fans here are real quick to come and point blame at anyone else.

You people make me vomit.

The bottom line for any professional touring act they can keep on touring *if people are still buying tickets*.

Everyone has their loves and hates with respect to bands and musical genres, but at the end of the day, the only power the listener has, is to not buy a ticket or not buy a download.

If you follow rock history, punk history, Elvis, Coltrane, even Olivia Newton John had some shenanigins with a missing husband... there is a long history of substance abuse, crazy sh!t, urban myth etc. Let's just call it... us musicians can be a really messed up bunch of people lol

Part of what makes Megadeth "themselves" is Dave's shenanigins. Not unlike Joe Walsh trashing hotel rooms when he was a kid or Keith Moon driving a Rolls Royce into a swimming pool... blah blah blah pick your sad story :)

If a promoter puts a known trouble maker on a festival bill, they are just trying to sell tickets, plain and simple. It's all about the cha-ching.

The bottom line for any professional touring act they can keep on touring *if people are still buying tickets*.

Everyone has their loves and hates with respect to bands and musical genres, but at the end of the day, the only power the listener has, is to not buy a ticket or not buy a download.

If you follow rock history, punk history, Elvis, Coltrane, even Olivia Newton John had some shenanigins with a missing husband... there is a long history of substance abuse, crazy sh!t, urban myth etc. Let's just call it... us musicians can be a really messed up bunch of people lol

Part of what makes Megadeth "themselves" is Dave's shenanigins. Not unlike Joe Walsh trashing hotel rooms when he was a kid or Keith Moon driving a Rolls Royce into a swimming pool... blah blah blah pick your sad story :)

If a promoter puts a known trouble maker on a festival bill, they are just trying to sell tickets, plain and simple. It's all about the cha-ching.

Perfectly said !!!

Back
Top Bottom